Chapter 14: Come Evil's Son

Hi everyone, here's the new chapter. I just wanted to thank everyone for their support and reads. Please keep coming on the votes, comments and reads. Thank you very much!

Pic of Edmund >>>

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hallow's POV:

Why did Serena have to be around the three brothers? They're nothing good for her and still she- No. I wouldn't think about this, not when a boy's life was at stake. Forrest had come to me and told me of the unexpected death. This was worrying and I had my suspicions but I did not think that Lady Eden would be doing these things now.

Especially so close to the castle. I needed to speak to my old friend, Mordred and see where he was getting with the Mer people. Just when I was about to get up, a knock sounded on my door. I got up and went to answer it. Corene was waiting on the other side.

Her expression was serious.

"News of the Mer people you asked from Mordred has arrived. The Mer sent Representative is waiting for you by the Gravemaker River," she said quietly.

I was surprised that Corene new anything about the messages between myself and Mordred but I did not ask. She was the witch after all.

"Thank you," I said before making my way to the Mer speaker.

I was waiting by the river not before long. The sun was hovering over the horizon, promising a steady decent in a few short hours.

A boy in his early twenties made his way out of the river, his pale skin casting a moonlit glow on his surroundings. His dark eyes were foreboding like staring into the very pits of Hell itself. The most prominent feature aligning him with the Mer people was his wavy turquoise hair, sitting loosely about his broad shoulders.

He was very intimidating, most certainly a warrior. I had never been scared by a person before but this boy unsettled me beyond my wits. Maybe it was because of the way he carried himself, with such power and pride. But I was a Prince and my authority far surpassed his.

"I am Edmund Shadow of the Mers. I am here to speak on behalf of my King Verdin."

The boy's voice was loud and thunderous but at the same time, soft and smooth like a well practiced singer's.

"I am Prince Hallow of the Vampires. I invite you to my castle for a few days stay over the discussions regarding your visit."

I was a bit nervous on the inside but I showed no emotion on the outside.

"Lead the way," said Edmund, a faint smirk forming on his lips. It was like his eyes had burned down the facade I was trying to hold up and peered into my deepest emotions.

I just couldn't wait to reach the castle. Dealing with the Mers were important but not entirely welcome. I didn't remember the Mers as being as hardened as this one seemed. Last time I had seen or heard of them, they looked to be a sheltered people, more diplomatic, more professional. This one held a certain smugness within him as if there was nothing possibly that could deter him. But deter him from what?