Chapter 8: Revelations

Thx for everyone reading. It really means a lot to me. Please don't forget to comment, vote and do everything nice. Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hallow's POV:

 I clasped my hands behind my back mulling the argument over. It was a pretty big thing and an important thing to change. This decision had to be made carefully. It's results would not only reach the city but affect the castle and royal form as well. I looked over at Serena to see her frantically whispering something to Mother.

Mother shook her head earning a slight hiss. Serena looked down at the ground and swore under her breath. I gave a little laugh at her unusual behaviour but was curious as to what it was about. An eerie silence fell over the room before a voice boomed from the entrance of the throne room. Heads turned to catch a glimpse of this late guest. Mine did too.

"She is right, my Queen."

A tall, graceful woman stood at the entrance. She looked fragile but the power in the air around her told us otherwise. Her choice of outfit was quite mystical. She had orange dress over which she wore a white cape. Her feet were adorned with a pair of pointy shoes and most of her face was covered with a black veil.

Not a sound was made for the audience seemed to be stunned into silence. Then out of nowhere Serena and Father gasped, a name ascending from their lips.

"Corene!"

"Corene!"

I looked back at them and stared in confusion. Did they know this woman? I looked back at the woman to see she was standing tall like a statue and gazing intently at Serena. Do they have a history, I wondered. The woman then moved her intimidating gaze to Father then to Mother. Father just looked on in disbelief and Mother bowed her head, recognition crossing her features.

I really felt out of the loop. More questions were rousing within me with every passing minute. I just wished that someone would tell me what was going on. Even Serena knew this woman and she'd only been here for nine months. If something had happened in that time I should have known so were they keeping something from me?

The woman spoke, her words fluid, "Let me not adjourn this court. Continue on with your arguments."

Mother shook herself out of her startled haze and said, "I assume you know what Serena was speaking her and you wish to support her, witch?"

"I do and that is all I will say. Take note of it if you want or just forget I was even here," with that the witch walked back out the doors.

Father's breathing got a little bit shallower but nobody saw. I, however, noticed the slight change in his demeanor.

"What does Serena propose?" ordered Father.

Mother answered for her.

"Serena proposes to drop the tax to twenty gold diahocs every twenty four days. She says it will help the city prosper more."