Chapter Twelve- House of Memories

It seemed like every single song Kylo would make eye contact with Rey for a quick moment then go back to the crowd. She forgot how hypnotizing his voice is. It was like a mix of honey and a fresh cool summer breeze after a rain storm.

She had went from hating this night to scolding her 17 year old self for not going to Los Angles with him. "Alright now, here is kinda of a slower song .... It's a good one though ... House of Memories" he said.

He grabbed his guitar and began to sing into the mic . The band mates all sung the opening chorus then he began.

"If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier
The longer you're in love
Than if you were alone
Memories turn into daydreams become a taboo" he played his guitar and then the fog around the stage turned a grey color and the large screen behind him began to show photos.

"I don't want to be afraid
The deeper that I go
It takes my breath away
Soft hearts electric souls
Heart to heart and eyes to eyes
Is this taboo?" He sang into the mic and the photos on the screen where drawings , drawings that had B. Solo written in the the bottom corners .

"Baby we built this house
On memories
Take my picture now
Shake it til you see it
And when your fantasies
Become your legacy
Promise me a place
In your house of memories" the drawings that were once landscapes were now drawings of a girl , a girl who looked strangely familiar to her.

"Woah, woah
Woah, woah" he sang and Rey began to focus on the drawings on the screen.

"I think of you from time to time
More than I thought I would
You were just too kind
And I was too young to know
That's all that really matters
I was a fool" he sang into the mic , Rey's eyes squinted on the black and white drawings of the same girl in different poses and setting .

"Baby we built this house
On memories
Take my picture now
Shake it til you see it
And when your fantasies
Become your legacy
Promise me a place
In your house of memories" she then gasped , those were her . Those were her , the same nose and eyes , the small freckle on her underchin . That was her !

"Woah, woah
Woah, woah" Kylo grabbed his microphone tightly and then the lights that were flashing vibrant colors turned grey with black and white smaller lights.

"Those thoughts of past lovers
They'll always haunt me
I wish I could believe
You'd never wrong me
Then will you remember
Me in the same way
As I remember you" he sang and looked at her box , he knew she was there . She knew that he knew . She closed her eyes and listened to his beautiful voice .

"Baby we built this house
On memories
Take my picture now
Shake it til you see it
And when your fantasies
Become your legacy
Promise me a place" the drawings them changed to drawings of Rey and Ben ... No one could tell it was Rey unless you knew what she looked like , and no one knew that Kylo had drawn those .

"Baby we built this house
On memories
Take my picture now
Shake it til you see it
And when your fantasies
Become your legacy
Promise me a place
In your house of memories" he took a long gaze at her then swallowed some air and sang the last of the song.

"Woah, woah
Woah, woah
In your house of memories
Woah, woah
Promise me a place
woah, woah" he finished and everyone clapped .

"Hey Rey ? It's getting pretty late , and we're meeting with the adoption lady in the morning , you ready to go home ?" Poe asked .

"Yeah , let's go ... Dad's probably teaching Lucas how to golf ... Let's go" she said .

Kylo went to sing another song and looked up to her box , he saw no one , she and the wonder couple had left . Right in the middle of their concert .

He sighed and then went on playing , as soon as they ended he walked to his dressing room and slammed the door .

He saw them in the corner of his eye , his beautiful old habit of nicotine , he grabbed one cigarette and took a long drag. He was trying to quit since he now had a son and something to live for .

*[*]*

Rey saw Lucas asleep and then walked into her room. She opened her laptop and quickly googled live video of Knights of Ren concert of them doing House of Memories .

In every single venue the drawings of her appeared . Every stage , every city , every state, every country. Even when he sang the song in Japanese he had the drawings of her broadcasted on the large screen .

She scrolled down the comments , people called the girl in the drawings 'Mystery B. Solo'.

Rey closed her laptop after she had seen the same song played 67 times in different places .

He wrote that for her. He drew those for her . He dedicated that song to her....

Those thoughts of past lovers , his voice singing that over and over again played in her mind as she washed her face and got in bed .

They were the past lovers.

-A.N.-
Feels ? Feels .... Okay I love this song so much , it's actually the only song I know how to play on the ukulele . It's not as cool as you think it would sound ... Trust me !

 Trust me !

-Joey

-Joey