Chapter Seventeen- Carry On My Wayworth Son

CAN WE JUST HAVE A ROUND OF FUCKING CLAPS FOR THIS ART THOUGH UGH SO FUCKING CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT THE WAY HE"S LOOKING AT HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEORGE LUCAS I NAMED A PERSON IN MY BOOK AFTER YOU SO FUCKING DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!! GIVE US A JEDI TRAINING REYLO FLASHBACK K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rey was in her old room at her father's house. She crawled into her old bed and rested her head on the pillow. Her blankets bundled around her damp hair. She held onto her other pillow tightly. She couldn't even go two days without Lucas how was she supposed to go three months.

Ben and Lucas were at her house cleaning out Lucas's stuff, since Ben had to leave in a day. Her heart didn't want to see her son leave. But she knew something was off. The judge seemed a little off. 

She knew that judge, she had won many cases with him as the judge. But he seemed a little strange, she shook her head and then grabbed her phone. A message from the mayor. She opened the email and read it.

Miss Kenobi,

I am sorry to hear of your loss at the custody battle... The city council has had some negative feed back from some of the citizens.. They do not believe that a woman who has lost her son to a custody battle should be running the city.

I regret to inform you but as of today your title as assistant mayor has been removed. Trisha will have all of your belongings sent to your home sometime today.

We will be more than happy to give you a good report if you apply for another job. Until then we thank you for your service and time.

Yours Truly,

Mayor Erik Dull

She threw her phone across the room and kicked her covers off. She had done more for this city than that bastard Erik Dull. She grabbed her bag and walked out the door and stormed home. If Lucas was leaving so would she.

She was going to do what she always wanted to. She would finally get to travel around and take photographs as she always wanted to. She had the camera equipment and all. 

She opened the front door and called Poe. "Poe, I want you and Finn to move out of your little apartment and move into my house... Don't ask questions but I'm getting the hell out of Ashwood..." she hung up and then saw Lucas. 

"Mom? Where are you going?" he asked her.

"I need to leave town, you'll be with your father... It's whats best for you" she said and ruffled his hair.

"Mom where are you going?" he asked.

"I have some things I need to do, I promise you I'll stay in touch" she said as she began to pack all her clothing in her closet into a large suitcase.

"Mom, why are you leaving? Is it because of me -"

"No, I was fired... And you know what sweetie ?"

"what mom?" he asked.

"You don't need to worry about me, I'm finally going to do my book-"

"Mom, you've talked about it but -"

"Lucas, taking this photos is what I've always wanted to do... I love you" she kissed his cheek.

"I love you too mom but that doesn't mean you-"

"Lucas I know what I'm doing, you better go your father is in his car waiting for you" she shooed him. He quickly wrapped his arms around Rey and hugged her tightly. "text me as soon as you land... I love you" she let him go and he nodded.

Lucas walked down the hall and down the stairs to the front where Ben was sitting in a car. "You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine... Mom's not though" he said as Ben drove down the street to the airport.

"What do you mean she's not okay?" he asked Lucas.

"She's leaving town, they fired her at city hall... She gonna go along the coast of California and do her book... She always talked about how she planned on doing it some day but she never had the time... She called it -"

"Pippa's Pictures... I know she used to talk about them all the time" Ben said as he parked the car.

"Why Pippa though ? Why Pippa ?" he asked his father as they got the bags out of the car.

"Phillipa , was your grandmother's name, she was a photographer and she drank herself to death" he said.

"Phillipa? No one ever talked about her, they only said she left one day" he added.

"Phillpa was born into a poor family, and she always dreamed of doing something great.. She married young , at 14 to a horrible man... She got pregnant and she lost the baby. Her first husband slit his wrists , he was 45 and wanted a child. She was free of the marriage but she needed some help with legal documents. That's where she met Ben Kenobi, a young 25 year old man... They got married and had Poe then your mom... they kept trying for a third child but had no luck...One day after another negative test Phillipa walked out on Poe and your mom... They found her three weeks later in Salem , she had hung herself after drinking more than she should have... Your mom was 12..." 

"And did Phillipa teach her how to take photos?" he asked

"Yeah, she took most of the photos in yearbooks, one of the first presents I ever gave her was this leather camera bag that had her name sewn on it-"

"She still has it, in a small box with a bunch of other stuff she doesn't touch anymore" he said. Ben nodded and then they walked in the airport.

-A.N.-

Having to make this stuff up about Phillpa while listening to Phillipa Soo sing Burn and That Would Be Enough and Helpless was like I was writing bad things about her... No I love Pippa with all my heart, and no Phillpa isn't Rey's mom...  

Idina Menzel, the voice of Elsa, is Rey's mom.. I made it so that Poe takes after Phillipa and Rey takes after Ben...

And the Ben who plays Obi Wan is James Arnold Taylor , he usually does star wars video games and animated telly shows as Obi Wan so I made him Ben in this book because I fucking felt like it.

-Joey