13

"Ana, wait."

I turned around and looked him in the eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows, I was undeniably confused. I pulled my arm away and stared at him.

"Ana, please."

I looked away, and looked back at him.

"N-no. This can't be right," I tried to think, but there was too much to think about.

He pulled out his phone and showed me the texts.

"Ana, it's me," he says and lifts my face, so I'm looking at him. "It's me, Jack."

I shake my head, "you'd better get back inside. Someone is going to notice you, and then you'll be mobbed again."

I turn and open my car door.

I watch him reluctantly walk back inside. I rest my head on the steering wheel.

I couldn't decide if I was more hurt, or confused.

Confused, I was sure as hell confused.

I was hurt, for some reason. I didn't know why.

JACK GILINSKY'S POV

I watched Ana start her car.

"Jack, I need you to take me somewhere," I tell Johnson. "Hurry."

We rush to his car.

"Follow that car," I tell him.

"Um, why?"

"Just do it! But don't make it obvious."

Johnson followed Ana's car discretely. I watched her get out of her car and walk inside a house.

"Let me out here," I tell him.

"Do you know her?" he asks and I nod. "How?"

"Long story."

"Hey, don't get yourself into trouble, G. Do you need security?" he asks.

"No," I get out and run to her door.

ANA'S POV

I stared at the blank tv. I was still confused. Why me? Why.

There was a knock at my door. I get up and open it.

"Ana," Jack says.

"Did you follow me?" I ask angrily.

"No, Johnson did," he says. "But I told him to."

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I- Ana- I'm sorry."

"For what?" I ask.

"For not meeting you."

"It's fine?" I say confused. "Come in."

He walks inside and we go sit on the couch.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"I did. You wouldn't believe me."

"Yes, I know. But you'd just play along, and say stuff that made me believe you were just joking," I say in my defense.

"I didn't want you to think I was cat fishing," he says nervously. "Then you would've stopped talking to me, and I like talking to you."

"Oh."

"Ana, I was scared to meet you," he says.

"Why?"

"Because I don't know if I can trust you, yet. I didn't know if you'd expose me, like my number and stuff. I didn't want you to use me. I didn't want you to pretend to be my friend, just to take pictures with me and then post them, just to gain followers and likes."

"You think I'd do that to you?" I ask, a little hurt.

"Ana, I didn't know. I've had people do that to me. Honestly, the people I work with are my only friends. Like Johnson, Skate, and Sammy," he explains. "People wonder why famous people don't befriend them. It's because we don't know what they're going to do. It's easier to be friends with someone who is also famous, because they won't use you. They're already famous."

"Jack, I wouldn't do that. I don't even want that kind of attention. I don't want myself to be exposed to your life," I tell him. "I don't want to be famous, I'm just fine the way I am. I don't want to be mobbed every time I go somewhere."

//

5+ votes? sorry if this is lousy again :/