Chapter 5: Henry

Pan's POV

I knew what she wanted, I knew why she was here and I knew for certain that she wouldn't get it. Henry and his heart was mine, not Lilth's. She will never get him! I have to admit, she was one brave, smart, kind, beautiful girl.

No, no, no! I can not like her, she is just getting in the way. She is a distraction, a stupid, little girl.

She would never get to Henry! I needed him so I could live. The heart of the truest believer is the only thing that will keep me alive and some stupid girl isn't going to take that away from me!

I walked back to camp only to see the little devil sitting on a log looking alone and lost, just how I like it. B y the way, I mean Henry, not Lilth. Lilth isn't a devil, she is a she-devil.

I walked over to Henry and sat down next to him. He looked at me with a face of such pure hatred and disgust, that if I wasn't a cold hearted demon, would actually make me feel guilty about doing this to him. Luckily, I am evil, so I don't feel guilty.

"Hey Henry" I said, trying to sound cheerful when really I just wanted him to give me his heart.

He just ignored me and continued to stare at his shoes like they had suddenly become really interesting.

"Look Henry, I know that you don't trust me but you will learn to. I am not as horrible as you think"

"Oh yeah" he retorted, "Then why are you keeping my family from me? And don't try to deny it, I know you are. We always find each other."

"Henry, I can assure you that I am not keeping your family from you"

And it was true. Believe it or not, Henry's family hadn't reached the island, yet. They must have had trouble getting here. I knew they were coming, as he said, they always find each other.

Lilth's POV

I walked around the jungle for about 2 hours until I finally found a good place to sleep. It was a clearing with a huge tree leaning over it to the side. It was actually very beautiful. I used my magic to conjure up a sleeping bag and pillow and materialized some pyjamas to sleep in. My elders said only to use my magic for emergencies but what was a bigger emergency than being comfortable?

 My elders said only to use my magic for emergencies but what was a bigger emergency than being comfortable?

*Lilth's pyjamas*

I settled down in the sleeping bag and stared up at the stars. I thought about the day. How am I gonna get Henry away from such a clever boy and how could such a demon rule such a mysterious island. After a while, I started to get sleepy. I knew that I should be plotting against pan but I was so exhausted from today, I just needed to sleep. Soon enough, my eyes started to droop and darkness took over, taking my consciousness.

From what I have learnt today... the darkness will always win!