Chapter 26: Merry revenge

Matthew's POV

I can't take it anymore!

I haven't seen Lilith in ages and it's killing me! I can't stand that I can't talk to her, see her or touch her.

I just hope she has managed to escape Pan. If she hasn't, I hope she will find a way to contact me.

Pan has moved the camp since I was last there so I can't just go back now. Pan moved it now that he knows I'm a traitor.

Neal decided that the best way to find Pan is to find some 'Emma' person. He said that she is 'the savior' so she can help us find Lilith and Henry.

I personally just reckon we should find the camp ourselves but Neal disagrees and if I don't go with him I'll be alone and being alone in Neverland is never good.

I just don't want to waste time looking for some lady when Lilith could be hurt. I can't even imagine what Pan is doing to her right now! The possibilities are endless. He could be brainwashing her, torturing her or making her his slave. Who knows?!

It was almost night and it was getting dark so Neal and I decided to camp. It is never good wandering around the dark jungle at night.

We collected some leaves and twigs and made a bed. I lay down, looking at the stars. It was so beautiful, all of the lights in the sky were so dazzling.

I saw a star in the middle of the sky. It was small, but it was beautiful. It captured all my attention without even trying. That star made me think of Lilith. I wonder what she is doing right now. Does she miss me? Is she trying to find me?

I sat up and saw Neal pacing around our camp, hands through his hair and mumbling to himself.

"Neal. Go to sleep, you're going to need your rest for the days ahead" I said.

He didn't respond, just kept pacing. "Need to find Emma, need to save Henry" he kept mumbling.

"Neal!" I yelled at him.

He turned his head towards me. "What?!" He snapped.

"You need to sleep" I told him. "Otherwise you are going to go insane. Whose going to save Henry then?"

Neal nodded. "Right, thanks"

I smiled reassuringly at him. "We'll find Henry, I promise"

"I know. I just really need to find him. He's my son, my everything"

"I understand. I'd do anything to be back with my family. Unfortunately, even if I got off Neverland, I don't know where they are" I said, smiling sadly.

"Oh geez, I'm so sorry" he apologised, "I didn't think!"

I shrugged. "It's fine"

Neal stopped his pacing and came to sit next to me.

"No it's not" he said, "I have been so caught up with rescuing Henry that I didn't think about how lucky I am to even have Henry in my life. Lilith is the only thing you have left"

"She is" I agreed.

Neal chuckled.

"What?" I questioned.

"Oh nothing. I just find it funny how you say you don't feel anything towards her but when you speak about her, you do with such love and admiration"

I shrugged. "I do admire her. She is so beautiful and so outstanding and she doesn't even try to be. How does anyone do that?"

"She sounds like Emma" he told me with so much love in his eyes, "She is so simple, yet so amazing"

"You really love her, don't you?" I said.