Chapter 7: Weighing up the opponent

*Pic: Thomas*

Pan's POV

I saw Thomas appear out of the bushes.

"Is it done?" I asked.

"Of course Pan. She got the note"

"And she trusts you?"

He sighed. "Yes. I don't like lying to her though. She seems like a really sweet girl"

I stared at him with daggers in my eyes that could kill him at any moment.

"You have done your job" I told him, "Now get out of my site before I punish you"

Thomas looked at my, fear and terror clear in his. Then he dashed into the bushes. I walked to my treehouse and plonked down on my bed. Then I just looked up at the roof. I was so conflicted right now. Kill the girl and keep Henry? Or let the girl live and risk losing Henry. I needed the boy to survive but on the other hand, I have never killed a girl before. Sure, some of the lost boys have died at my hands, but never a girl.

I was alone with only my thoughts and my questions until I heard a swift knock at the door.

"Enter" I commanded.

In came Timmy, one of the younger lost boys. "What can I do for you?" I asked.

He looked at his hands nervously and spoke while never maintaining eye contact

"I was keeping an eye on the girl like you asked" he began, "And I came to tell you that she is going to the lake"

I looked at him and smirked. "Thank you Timmy. Go and tell Felix that I am going on an exposition and that he is in charge"

He gave a curt nod and rushed out the door. I got up from the bed and materialised over to the lake. I peered through the bushes searched around, waiting until I finally spotted Lily. she was sitting over the edge of the lake, her feet dipped in the water. Oh, this was gonna be fun!

I walked out of the bushes, still keeping away from her, making sure she didn't see me. Unfortunately, I forgot she could do magic.

Without turning around, she spoke...

"Lets get this over with shall we Pan?"