Chapter 19: Life with boys

Lilth's POV

Thank god I am only Pan's slave for 2 more days. I still remember the look on Emma's face as she witnessed my betrayal. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel guilty. They are just trying to find a way to find their son. I wish I could help them but what can I do? I need to find a way to get to Henry to his family and keep Wendy and Matthew safe. If I want to do that then I must earn the trust of some more of the boys. And what better way to a boys heart then through their stomachs? 

I went into my tent and used my magic to conjure a dinner fit for a king. I had made chicken with roast vegetables and rice. Some fruit was there too. From what I see, Pan only feeds the lost boys bread with the occasional side of whatever they have hunted that day.

My meal smelt amazing so I'm sure the lost boys will love it. I quickly set up a table outside for when the boys get back from hunting. It was set with knives and forks and was candlelit too. I sprinkled a little bit of knock out powder over it, this should keep them out enough for me to find Matthew and go get Henry's family.

 I sprinkled a little bit of knock out powder over it, this should keep them out enough for me to find Matthew and go get Henry's family

I saw the boys emerging from the hunt with Pan in lead. When he saw what I had done he was gob smacked and his face gave it away too.

 When he saw what I had done he was gob smacked and his face gave it away too

"What is this?" he asked.

"A gift" I replied, gritting through my lies. "For Pan keeping his end of the bargain, to the boys for not killing me yet and most importantly, so you all can go a night without Pan's cooking!"

The boys faces lit up and they ran down to eat while Pan just stood there, an amused expression playing on his face.

"You're not going to eat?" I asked.

He shook his head and smirked.

"Do you think I'm stupid?"

Well...

I went to reply but he stop me.

"Rhetorical question!"

I shrugged. "I tried to something nice for you Pan. I didn't poison the food, drug it, or put any magical substance in it so why don't you just eat!" I demanded.