THREE

♡♡♡ 

C H A P T E R    T H R E E

 ♡♡♡  

Hermione shuffled the papers in some sort of random order before circling her palms along her forehead. She seemed to be sick of absolutely everything. Life was always seeming to get in the way.

"'Mione, I'll finish up here. You deserve a rest." Hermione looked up to her friend and work colleague Fern Goyle. Sitting next to her and flicking through the stack of papers and numbering them in order.

"I'm fine Fern. You should be with your husband on your honeymoon. You're the one who deserves a rest." Hermione felt the soft hand rest on her shoulder.

"I'm fine. Gregory thinks that we can't waste money on holidays, besides he's busy with his friend. Oh, what was his name! Oh yes! The Malfoy! Poor Draco's a mess!" Hermione rolled her eyes childishly and continued to work on more stuff. But the word Fern had used to describe the Malfoy heir was interesting.

"A mess?" Hermione seemed suddenly intrigued, she hadn't seen the Death Eater since the Battle Of Hogwarts, then again he probably changed. Probably.

"Yes! His mother passed away last week! Pansy thought of a brilliant way to help!" Hermione couldn't help but suddenly stifle a laugh. She knew being friends with the wife of Gregory Goyle and best friend of Pansy Parkinson wouldn't be a great way to find friends but Fern was especially sweet. But a plan made by Pansy Parkinon herself? It seemed far too elementary and stupid to work.

"Pansy is a genius, 'Mione! Trust me!"

"Pansy is a pain in the arse," Hermione mumbled under her breath so Fern couldn't hear which she did and her response was a sad shake of the head.

"'Mione. People change, and you need to change to. Meeting new people is fun! You have to understand that even though you don't like change, other people do. They want to make the world a better place!"

"Okay, okay! I believe you, Fern! Since when did you get so inspirational!" Hermione laughed lifting her arms up in defense and lying back on the chair. Fern grinned proudly before waving her wand and cleaning up her entire desk. The scent of rose filled the air and Hermione sighed in content. Hermione stood up and stretched her sore and tired legs. But a certain thing caught her eye and that was a heart pendant around Fern's neck. It was gorgeous and Fern instantly noticed the content stares.

"You like it? Greg bought it for my 21st birthday but I hardly wear it. You can have a look if you want." Fern took off the expensive pendant and handed Hermione the piece of jewelry. Even the chain looked designed to a high standard and every little bit of it looked flawless. Hermione quickly handed it back before handing it back to her friend.

"It gorgeous. And thanks for cleaning my desk too, Fern!"

"You're very welcome 'Mione!"

~~~

Fern called walking away with a smug look. The pendant was glowing with a radiant glare and Fern held it in her palm. The potion had worked. They had found Draco's soulmate.

Hermione Granger.

She didn't want to do this. But she had to.