THIRTY-EIGHT

C H A P T E R     T H I R T Y - E I G H T;

Hermione knew there was one thing she couldn't do, and that was fix up this mess. Just like before, it felt like her heart was in her head. The thumping making Granger's head roll around subconsciously. 

She didn't know how Theodore had come her, he had never been here and she was basically in the middle of nowhere. She hoped he had left long ago, she slowly opened one eye, she was surprised the sky had already become dark, the only light was the reflection of the moon. 

She couldn't have been asleep for that long, could she? 

Every part of her body hurt, rolling over she climbed back onto her. After wobbling in the one spot for about ten minutes she decided to do something useful and productive: like cleaning up the mess of broken shards. 

For how long had she procrastinated on such a small task? 

This was so unlike the person she usually was, she knew that normally, the normal Hermione Granger would have cleaned it up immediately and even mopped the floor if she was in a good mood. 

She rubbed her temple and shuffled over to the door where she kept her mop and broom. Hermione's eyes drooped over, fatigue setting over her once more. 'Why am I still sleepy?' She mumbled, opening the door, she didn't seem to notice that a figure was standing inside. 

Theo looked down at the tired, fatigued Hermione. He secretly hoped that Hermione was too tired to notice his presence. He glanced over at his broken wand and sighed, how he had gotten himself into such a mess. 

He had been walking back from Hermione to leave, only to slip over a pile of ceramic shards, his wand propelled across the room to smash at the contact of the window. Now he was stuck here, in absolutely the middle of nowhere, with no wand, locked doors and to top it all off, a filthy mud-blood. 

Sinking into the depths of the cupboard Theo proceed to carefully hand Hermione a mop and bucket. 'Well, that was easy.' She mumbled, turning over from Theo to slam the mop to the ground. 

Theo exhaled, and he swore Hermione heard it too. For a second, Hermione heard a second person in this room. Suddenly she was no longer tired, her body slowly rotated over and her eyes scanned over to see a pair of eyes inside the cupboard, staring right at her. 

Due to natural instincts, Hermione screamed, popping both her and Theo's eardrums. Her wand was pointed right at Theo's chest as he slowly walked out of the cupboard. Both his arms raised above his head in surrender. 

"I give up, Granger, just unlock the front door and I'll be on my way." 

Hermione, with Theo's presence, knew that a nap was going to wait. Her eyes stared cold and hard at Theo, making sure to hurt him at the time he would attack. Suddenly, the moment Theo blink Hermione hand slapped across his cheeks, a sting sensation tingled his skin and he found himself falling asleep on the cold hard floor. 

A/N

Happy 1st Birthday to my pride and joy, AMORTENTIA!!!! Woah! Can't believe I've been writing this for a year, time flies. Thank you all for reading this book and giving it so much love. 

Sharada, xoxo.