ELEVEN

♡♡♡  

C H A P T E R    E L E V E N;

  ♡♡♡ 

"Draco, how did your mother die?" Instantly Draco's face paled and his fingers became nimble as they shook uncontrollably. Hermione blinked as she watched as he squashed the ice-cream with his bare hands and scrapped off the cold liquid off his hands. Draco's heart tightened in his chest and tears spilled down his face. The exact same procedure of emotions,he looked at the glass-paned table instead of a guilty Granger and squeezed the blood  out of his hands in rage. 

"Old age." He replied, his voice quivering and jumping to a high pitch. Hermione immediately shook her head and placed her hand on his arm for some form of comfort. 

"You wouldn't be acting like this if that was the case. I know how it feels." That sentence made Hermione herself have her heart valves tighten and she urged tears to not fall. Few people knew the fate of her beloved parents, to everyone else they were just unable to recover from the memory loss of their daughter. Draco stopped for a millisecond to see that Granger was also about to be a mess. And all of a sudden things seemed to click. In the letter, he mentioned his mother, the connection between her and her parents must also be out of whack. A single tear streamed down Hermione's face and dropped onto the table counter and she looked at Malfoy with a sad smile. 

"I couldn't save my parents, they are up in the sky." Draco gulped, he was unsure as to how to give a response. The two who were previously exchanging polite laughs with one another were know grieving a lost battle together, and they didn't need knowledge of the other's person's to feel the undivided pain. 

"She was murdered." He whispered the last word, his throat closing half-way as he furiously tried to blink the tears away. Hermione sat with her tear stricken face shocked in disbelief. 

"By who?" She asked even quieter, secretly glad she was getting him to open up. Tears cost happiness in the end. She could only hope. 

"I don't know." Draco squeaked quietly closing his mouth with his hands and sobbing uncontrollably, she couldn't imagine the pain he was in, the reason he needed help. The reason why Fern said that Draco was a mess in the first place. The reason Pansy gave him the amortentia, to find someone who could help him. But Hermione suddenly grew curious, who was the person that Draco had in his mind? She wanted to know because frankly, she was not helping the matter very well, she needed to find this girl and let her solve this riddle once and for all. 

Ron and Harry were still not on good terms after what had happened to Hermione at the altar. But Ron wanted to apologise and get this mindset out straight so that society didn't hate him for what he did. "Please, Harry." Harry scoffed and shook his head sadly before standing up and looking down at his friend with a firm expression plastered onto his face. 

"Ron, do you have any idea how Hermione is at the moment. She has no parents and then you had to go and leave her at the altar." Ron looked down with a guilty face and shook his head. 

"You don't understand Harry!" He sighed, suddenly exasperated that no-one saw any line of sense in himself. Harry stalked off to the kitchen, leaving his best friend to contemplate his actions. 

He had tried his best to find the women who helped his betray Hermione but Ron couldn't even think of Hermione without instantly feeling immense guilt to what he did to her. He had seen her come to the Burrow yesterday, where Molly and the rest of the family wanted to see how she was getting on, and frankly, nothing much had changed. He will forever see her beautiful face, the women he had loved for so many years, hide at the mention of his name or even to see someone who reminded her of him. 

Every since then, Ron tried to block off connections to anyone, but always being stopped. From a woman, destined to beat him at Wizard's Chess. At first, he thought it was practically useless what he was doing to himself, and associating himself with any other person made him regret so many things. Interestingly enough chess was growing onto him as his calming game. Something to make his sense settle into a place he couldn't reach. 

But then and there all he wanted to do was to apologise and make himself okay in Hermione's eyes. 

A crackle appeared out of nowhere in the little cottage that Harry and Ginny owned near the English countryside, Hermione wiped the old tear stained on her cheeks from talking to Draco and sighed loudly. Ron turned his head to see her looking at him with a sad face as she completely ignored him and hugged Harry and Ginny, greeting them with a fake smile and made herself at home. 

Ron just watched as Hermione poured herself a cup of coffee and talked to Ginny about her day, instantly he wondered if she started looking for other options, looking for a man who would make Hermione better off and soon he kept his ears onto the conversation at hand. 

"I'm helping Fern with a friend of her's," Hermione said simply as she answered Ginny with her pleading questions. 

"Are they he or she or a..." Hermione giggled at Ginny's persistence and sighed and patted her friend on the back. 

"Pansy Parkinson," Hermione whispered Ginny let out a dramatic gasp as the two exchanged humorous laughs and Ron watched in the shadows, interested as to why people were looking to a miserable Hermione Granger for help.

"What does she want?" Ginny asked, louder than they had previously been speaking, Hermione shrugged her shoulder's carlessly as Ginny rolled her eyes and poked Hermione in the arm. 

"You were gone for an entire four hours! There had to be something!" Hermione quickly made up a scenario to her best friend. Making sure to avoid mentioning Malfoy at all costs. 

"Well... she made an Amortentia potion and this one, finds a person's soulmate. One of her friends drank it and it didn't work. So she wants me to find a reversing spell for her to use." Ginny swallowed the story in and nodded with an understanding face while nodding. It was technically true, using what she knew from what Fern had said and what Draco had written in his letter yesterday. 

"Wow." Ginny murmered to herself as Hermione chuckled.

"Wow indeed."