THIRTY

C H A P T E R     T H I R T Y;

C H A P T E R T H I R T Y;

"Just because she said 'yes' doesn't mean she likes you Draco. All you need to do is develop her feelings for you, take her on dates and give her gifts, show her that you have in fact changed and will do anything to please her and make her happy."

"What if it can't?"

"You've come too far Draco. Love isn't something that is made to be stuffed up."

-

"Granger is your soulmate, how low have you gotten?" Theo slammed his glass of beer onto the table with quite some force, the heavy impact even made Draco slightly nervous. "You're not my father, Theo," Draco replied in the hopes of calming his friend down. Theo shook his hand and smirked, grabbed Malfoy's shoulders and shook him slightly.

"You're a Malfoy, a Death-Eater, a pure-blood. You should not think about associating with such filthy people." Draco shrugged off Theo's hand and looked at his 'friend' for a prolonged second. Draco had thought Theo was over this 'mud-blood' nonsense a long time ago.

The moment his father left Draco had let go of all the prejudice he once held. Muggles and Muggle-borns were truly no lower than they were.

"Theo why can't you try to change. Everyone is trying to change, I was a Death-Eater, that doesn't mean I still am. But I just wanted to let you know that I am dating Granger. Nothing more. Let's not start a fight." Theo stared at Draco, for how long Theo had felt that all of his friends have truly left him.

"Go do whatever, I'm fucking done with the lot of you," Theo slurred, Draco knew that Theo just needed some time to think properly about everything. The loss of his sister really had done him a number. Ever since his sister fell into his arms, Theo hadn't been thinking properly.

Draco recounted when Theo said it was Lovegood who ended his sister's life. For a second Malfoy could not believe it, Loony Lovegood killed Lennon Nott? He wanted to think that Theo was joking but ever since then but Theo was no longer the same.

Draco sighed and decided to stand up, quickly leaving the bar and Theo to settle into his own thoughts.

Draco was still confused about the whole ordeal, he had liked Hermione for a while. Not romantically but out of awe at first. It always amazed him of her undeniable intelligence, her bravery and her loyalty to both Weasley and Potter. But then again he would never cease to forget about the punch she had given him in their Third Year. It really knocked Draco out of his senses.

After that, he tried his best to keep a low-profile. Who knew what Hermione Granger could do next. Year after year Draco couldn't help but let his feelings develop more and more. But even in their last year, when Harry, Ron and Hermione were on their little 'quest' he still couldn't stop thinking about her.

Of course, he would have done something if it hadn't been for the fact that he was a pure-blood and she was a muggle-born. If he even talked to her the news was bound to spread throughout Hogwarts and eventually to his parents. Draco dreaded stepping out of the boundary his parents had given.

Clearing his mind from flashbacks and regretful and embarrassing memories Draco focused on his first date with Hermione. At one time he wanted to impress, but then again he knew that anything too over the top could have Hermione gone in the blink of an eye.

Draco hadn't really properly dated a girl before, he was confused as to what he could do. Everywhere he walked in London he could see happy muggle couple mingling their time together. Not only that but most of the time it seemed quite simple and straightforward.

If Draco was to get Hermione to fall in love he couldn't do it in one day. Bracing himself for a marathon Draco exhaled and inhaled deeply. Stretching his brain Draco decided that he would just for a day out with Granger. She what she liked and get to know her better, to Draco that only seemed like the right way to go.