THIRTY-FOUR

C H A P T E R     T H I R T Y - F O U R;

Draco wanted to just forget about the incident that had happened before but Hermione's words were still lingering in the back of his mind. 'You can't get people to trust you; there's a difference between belief and trust.' 

Shaking his head he cleared his head, however, it wasn't just him in that meeting room that morning. Groaning and hitting his head on the table desk he realised that no one was going to shut up about it. 

Theo spotted Draco face first on the table and wondered what the guy had gotten himself stuck in this time. 

"Don't want to break it to you mate, but old Rita Skeeter isn't shutting up about you and Granger at the Gala." Malfoy was confused as to why Theo wanted to make him more annoyed. He swore the guy needed to be admitted to a psychiatric ward and stat. 

"What a great friend..." Draco mumbled under his breath, Theo chuckled and leant into Draco's line of sight. 

"I'm telling you Draco, Granger's only going to get you into more trouble. That surprise appearance only confirmed it." Draco had an urge to tell Theo that he fought and battled to find Hermione and that he wasn't going to give up on love, but he had already given Theo that speech. 

"Well, it's not going to happen again. I'll make sure of it." Theo snorted and stood up, towering over Draco.  Theo had no idea why Draco hadn't dumped Hermione, he wasn't even sure why he was dating her in the first place. It was like Malfoy had completely changed, and he wasn't sure he liked it. 

Hermione Granger decided it was best to stay on the down-low for the next couple of days. As she looked out of her window she wondered if Malfoy was thinking about what she said, about how people won't trust him just because he gives them money. 

Ginny and Harry observed Hermione from behind wondering about what had happened before to cause her to be so quiet. Ever since Hermione came back she wouldn't utter a single word. 

since the Gala Hermione wasn't herself, she was far more reserved and would rarely pay the two visits. 

Harry glanced down at the newspaper that lay next to Hermione, a picture of Hermione and Draco at the Gala covered to front cover. Harry couldn't help but know Hermione had argued with Malfoy. If things were going well she wouldn't be here. Hermione had always been a warrior. The person he and Ron would always fall to if they had trouble. 

But for a while now Hermione's strong facade had faded, he knew Malfoy was the one to blame. 

And this time he was going to get to the bottom of it. 

A/N

I know it's short, forgive me... [Writer's Block is the worst damn thing on the planet] 

Sorry for the late update, from now on Amortentia will always be updated on Monday and Thursday. I'll let you know if I'm stumbling behind but this I guess is the only way I make sure you guys get proper content. 

Thanks :)