22- Birthday!

My little Prince had a blast at his first ever birthday party. I don't know why I wanted to share this part, probably because it was one of the good days I had and it was spent with the people I love the most. If only I could keep him at five, as well as this happy and away from hurt.

Matthew's P.O.V

I was at work when I began thinking about the crazy events that happened so far in my life. The only good thing to happen so far, is the fact that I have my father and my brother back in my life. Even though things in the relationship department were messed up, I still did not dwell on it because I know that there is someone out there that would appreciate me for who I am as a person.

I was busy looking over reports and making reports when there was a knock on the door. Before I could even say anything I saw a whole bunch of hair coming towards me.

"Daddy! Daddy! Grandpa took me here and I told him I want to see you!" Tai was very excited about being here.

"Hey bunny rabbit slow down! Where is your grandfather?" I asked him as he shuffled out of my lap and hurried over to my dad who was standing at the door looking at us with a smile. He stooped in time as he caught a flying Matai who was having a grand ole time with his papo.

Dad came in and sat in my office after closing the door.

"Sup little Matthew?" Dad knew it would make me scowl and he succeeded.

"Daddy you know I hate that name!" I squeaked; he started laughing as leaned over to rub my head.

"I know this is prob really odd but I love you and your brother so much that at times I gotta remind myself that you guys aren't one and four years old anymore."

"What about me papo? Don't you love me? I am gonna be five tomorrow so you have to love me still and give me lots of toys" Dad and I were laughing so hard at Tai and how he's trying to work his little boy charm.

"I love you Bunny Rabbit! A whole bunch!" Dad told him to which he kept smiling. He was all around my office exploring while I watched him be a happy kid.

"So everything is set and I hope he will like it a lot" Dad told me. We were planning a surprise party for Matai and all his friends would be there. Before Dad and I reconciled, I was unable to even buy him a good present on my own. I just hope he enjoys his birthday party with his friends from school and daycare.

"I think he is gonna love it Dad. I don't know how to thank you for all of this" I confessed. He sighed heavily, holding his head down, that showed he was tired of hearing me say that.

"Come on Dad! You gotta understand how I feel! You don't have to do this at all, but you are and I really appreciate it. I just wish I could pay you back"

"Matthew, you love Matai right?" he asked me and I nodded, "you would do anything it takes to make him happy right?" he asked again. I got where he was going with this. Hearing him put it like that made me see that he is just a man that loves his kids; a man that made mistakes but made them right so he could get back his family.

"I get it Dad! Now, how about you and this little Bunny Rabbit beat it so I can finish YOUR work." Dad scooped up Matai in his arms. I gave a kiss to both of my guys; dad seemed surprised because I never did that since we started out on good terms again.
..........................................................................................

I woke up to find Matai curled up to my side sleeping; I had no idea when he got in beside me, but watching him sleep just made me love him more if that was possible.

"Hey Tai wake up! Time to wake up son" I said as I tapped his nose. He was squirming, ready to cry. He sat up with a pout which made me smile at how cute he was being.