22

"Where.." Jimin trailed off, and worked on conjuring his breath. Taehyung was holding his waist tightly as he helped him up onto Yoongi's bed beside Jungkook. Yoongi was carefully tending to Jungkook's wounds with such a concentration that Taehyung considered leaving the room with Jimin and resting him on a couch instead, but he didn't have the strength.

"I-I need to clean your wounds, Jimin." Taehyung whispered, and walked over to the first aid kit by Yoongi. He had been knocked out pretty badly.

Jimin found it exhausting to blink, or to try to listen to Taehyung's voice. He had so many questions though. So many fucking questions. He feebly turned his head to look at Jungkook who suddenly winced in pain at the burning antiseptic Yoongi was trying to gently apply. "Stupid boy..." Jimin managed to breath out, and Jungkook attempted to laugh, but ended up flinching at the sudden movement, and Yoongi glared at him.

Taehyung adjusted Jimin's head so he could clean up the blood that was seeping out of a tiny gash on his cheek.

"You..."

"Don't talk, you might worsen the cut near your lip." He swiped a damp, cotton swab at the dry crimson that coated Jimin's lower lip.

He's not stuttering at all, was what Jimin was thinking. He's completely fluent with his words. Why the sudden change? And why the fuck did he have a gun back there?

"Rest, now. I'll talk to you later." Yoongi mumbled towards Jungkook, and caressed his hand for a brief moment before pulling away from him. Taehyung watched Yoongi quietly leave the room, and peered back at Jimin who was already observing him.

"I-I have something to tell you, Jimin. But..." Taehyung's gaze fell upon Jimin's bruised neck, and tugged his shirt slightly lower. He sighed out at seeing the huge dull-coloured mark. There wasn't really a way to assist in healing bruises the way you could with wounds. He met Jimin's gaze once again. "...I-I don't know."

Jimin had never seen Taehyung like that before. He had never seen him express a range of emotions like that. It made him look completely different, not in a bad way.

"How are you legs? Can you stand up?" Jimin nodded again at Taehyung.

"It's just my head." Jimin murmured. "And all the other things. Why did you have a gun, Taehyung?" Taehyung was expecting Jimin to ask, so when he did, he didn't really react in a specific way.

"Protection. I always keep it c-close."

"Have you ever used it?"

A thick silence hung in the air for a while, and Jungkook, despite his eyes being closed, was listening to every word, and his heart was thudding against his chest in fear of how lengthy the silence was getting. 'No' was one option of an answer, and silence was the other.

"I-I haven't. I really haven't."

"Your stammering is getting better a little, you know." Jimin added, and Taehyung smiled softly.

It's only getting better because it's you.

"I should...I mean, you should head home. You're in a hell of a blend, but isn't your dad visiting you today?" Jimin suddenly sat up, and groaned as the blood from his head drained down his body. "Careful, Jimin." Taehyung knelt down and soothed his arm.

"I have to go home, Taehyung. My mum...and him, I have to go."

"I'm coming with you though. You can't go alone." Jimin peered into Taehyung's eyes. Is this really the Taehyung I know? Taehyung leaned closer to him, and Jimin's heart thumped hard. He planted a gentle kiss on the bridge of Jimin's nose, and Jimin gulped.

Taehyung, I really like you.

"Let's go." Taehyung whispered, and stood up straight. He turned towards the door, but Jimin quickly caught hold of his wrist.

"Taehyung." He said, a little too loudly, and regretted it instantly. Taehyung turned to look at him. "..uhh, don't carry guns anymore. They're really fucking dangerous. You shouldn't carry them around...and um, I'll protect you instead and stuff. Just call me if you need me, and so like yeah."

Taehyung grinned, and looked down at Jimin's hand. "You know I'll always need you, right?"

"Then, I'll always be there for you."

Meanwhile, Jungkook cringed, and wished he was asleep.

Taehyung guided Jimin towards the bus stop even though the other could walk, but Taehyung was just being extra cautious with him. They soon arrived close by Jimin's place, and the two headed there.

"...supposed to be taking care of him!"

"I have been taking care of him! Why the fuck are you telling me all this now? Why do you care?"

They heard very loud voices as they approached the door, and Taehyung quickly twined his hands into Jimin's. Jimin exhaled. "How do I look?" He asked Taehyung.

"Terrible."

"Yeah."

"I-It's okay. Well, it's not, but, it's okay. I think."

"Can I ask you something before I go inside, Taehyung?"

"You don't have to ask to ask." Taehyung beamed, and pushed his glasses higher onto the bridge of his nose.

Jimin fell into a trance just by looking into Taehyung's coffee eyes, and this time round, he thought it was okay to stare a while. "I'll ask you later. For now, let's just get this over with."

Jimin twisted the door's handle, and entered his place.

lowkey beginning to hate this story, why do you guys even read this smh

EDIT:: THank you ALL S O much your comments made me rly mushy and happy I really appreciate y'all we a family