25

Jimin really couldn't resist swiping his thumb over the ruby pendant that dangled below his chin as he knelt down to lift up more of the huge cardboard boxes.

The convenience store had happily granted all the boys a place to work for the week, and they had nearly done for the day.

"What's with you two? Those are totally couple shirts." Jungkook glanced from Jimin to Taehyung, who were at either ends of the room. Taehyung almost dropped all the boxes he was holding upon hearing that.

"Yeah." Jimin murmured, and tried his utmost best to balance 3 boxes, and guide himself towards the door. Taehyung watched him, unsure of what 'Yeah' actually meant.

"As in you are a couple? Taehyung? Are you? Really?" Yoongi sounded quite surprised.

"U-Umm..these boxes are heavy..." He felt the crimson creep into his cheeks, and turned his body away from the three.

"Okay boys!" A voice bellowed from behind Jimin as he returned empty-handed. "You're done for the day! Same time tomorrow, please. Night. Get home safely."

Hoseok sighed in relief, and wiped his forehead. It had been a long day. "Hey Yoongi, could you drop me off at my place? I don't have much time to hang around, it's really late."

"Got it. Let's go." Yoongi threw his keys up in the air and stealthily caught them.

"Show off." Jungkook murmured and rolled his eyes. Jimin quickly jogged over to Taehyung and stood close behind him. The other sensed his presence and tried to hide the huge grin that surfaced his face.

They all headed out of the store and towards the car, but Jimin suddenly stopped in his tracks, causing Jungkook to stumble into his frozen figure.

"Hey watch where you're-" He glanced up and noticed Jimin's stiffness. "Jimin...What is it?" Taehyung turned around the moment he noticed the lack of footsteps behind him.

"Jimin?" He quickly hurried back to him, and obliviously held his wrist, causing Jimin to snap out of his trance. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I..." He nodded slowly, but didn't seem to meet anyone's gaze. "I-"

"Jimin? That you?" A voice bellowed through the stillness of the night and teared through the soft April air just before it reached his ears, and it almost made him jolt out of his skin. Taehyung immediately took a small step closer to Jimin, and lightly tightened his grip. "What are you doing out so late?"

Jimin stared at the man, unsure of what to call him. That man was never going to be his dad. Two other boys, slightly older than Hoseok, trailed behind the man.

"Taehyung?" One of them called out in surprise. As he walked into the dim street light, Jimin recognised that boy as Taehyung's brother.

"N-Namjoon? What are you..."

"This is Kim Seokjin, my friend that always comes over to ours. And that's his dad."

Jimin glanced between Seokjin, and Seokjin's dad. There were actual similarities. They genuinely looked like father and son, unlike himself and his "dad".

"Wait, that's Jimin's father..." Hoseok mumbled as he watched the boys from the distance in confusion. "Ah, not good." He hurriedly walked towards them.

"Wait, Hoseok!" Yoongi yelled from behind, but understood the situation when he saw it for himself, and followed Hoseok.

Jimin's heart was tangled in his lungs as he saw Seokjin. His half brother. His family. Seokjin stared right back, and smiled knowingly. Jimin didn't know whether to welcome his brother with open arms, or blank him out completely, but Seokjin looked so friendly, and it overwhelmed him.