26

The silence lasted for limitless seconds, and each millisecond was destroying Jimin. Jin was sat expectantly, glancing from Jimin's phone to his own phone.

"H-He'll forgive you, no matter what it is." Taehyung finally said, and Jimin exhaled loudly, and slouched. Jin did the same, and threw his head back in relief. He was content with how it worked out for him.

"He really will?"

"Well, you could have told him earlier," Taehyung laughed nervously. "but he shouldn't be mad. You make him really nervous though."

"Ah, I do?" and Taehyung could hear the sweet smile in Jimin's voice. "He does the same to me!"

"You should go see him as soon as you can, and clear things up together. He'll see that you know, and he'll act more naturally around you, though that's not certain since he's probably generally aware of people and surroundings."

"Ah, well, I hope he explains it to me. I'll go see him now, then." Jimin pursed his lips.

"He'll be waiting." Taehyung affirmed before hanging up, and Jimin leapt to his feet.

"I'm going to see him, I-I have to go now, I'm so sorry-"

"No, don't worry, it's okay." Jin stood up and extended his hand. "It was really nice meeting you, Jimin. I hope to see you more often." Jimin quickly bowed and waved him goodbye before shooting off in the other direction.

He raced through the narrow streets, only half certain that the route he was taking was correct. Fractions of some shop displays seemed familiar to him, but he was more undoubted than not.

I can't believe this is actually happening, he thought, and breathlessly stood by the curb, waiting for cars to shift out of sight before running right to the other side.

Jimin noticed a peek of red, and saw Taehyung already stood there, watching the cars whoosh past, and he observed him from the distance. He's waiting for me. Taehyung was still wearing the matching sweater. He's waiting for me.

Jimin tore through the wind and fastened his arms around Taehyung's waist, and nuzzled his cheek just below the nape of Taehyung's neck. "Taehyung." He heaved, and felt his heart racing against his chest. 

Taehyung gently clenched Jimin's arm, and traced his thumb over the cold skin. "Jimin-"

"I'm sorry, I'm so fucking sorry, I should've told you everything earlier but I just-"

"Hey, it's okay, catch your breath-"

"I was about to, but I didn't know if you'd still even talk to me, or if you'd change and act different-"

"Jimin-"

"I just really liked you and I realised that very late, and you liked me for a really long time. I'm sorry-"

"Jimin, please-"

"I should've noticed. I should've fucking noticed and now we'll have less time together-"

"Jimin." Taehyung dragged the word out, and leaned back slightly into the other. "Breathe first." 

"Yeah." Jimin gulped, and tried to control his breathe for some time, whilst Taehyung attempted to loosen Jimin's arms so he could turn to face him.

"Here." Taehyung furrowed through the pocket of his jeans, and pulled out a pair of glasses that were similar to the one's Jimin had gotten him, except the diamond was a vivid sapphire colour. He slipped them over Jimin's ears, and let him adjust them.

"What for?"

"Just. Y-You suit glasses too, so..."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier-"

"I know you're sorry, Jimin. It's kind of okay now, so don't worry about it. I-I'm kind of relieved that you found out...but, how exactly did you find out?"

"I can't really- oh! You were listening to the radio in the library on the first day of school, and I liked the song, so I thought aight, might aswell listen to it when I can't sleep, and yeah. I just so happened to realise after a while that it was you."

"Ah...but like, I'm sorry too. That I didn't tell you myself. I-I should've, but..."

"I wouldn't blame you for not telling me. Don't worry." Taehyung smiled broadly, and withdrew his hands behind his back. Jimin squealed and quickly covered his eyes. "Too bright! Woah, I haven't seen you smile like that."

Taehyung burst out laughing wholeheartedly. "Stop that. Everyone smiles."

"True. Yours is definitely the most contagious though." Jimin cooed, and ruffled the front of Taehyung's hair. Taehyung's smile wouldn't subside, and he could feel his cheeks hurting from being so puffed up. "Aaah, you're so cute."

"Stop." Taehyung pleaded, and wiped the back of his hand against his forehead to push the locks out of his eyes. "I'm cringing."

"Nah, you love it." Jimin wrapped his arms around Taehyung, and rested his head by the crook of Taehyung's neck. "You love it. Don't kid me, you so do. Hey, let's go on a date tomorrow."

"Jimin." Taehyung giggled, and weaved his fingers through Jimin's thick, black hair.

"Yeah? Date it is. Oh, and let's hold hands all the time. And let's cook together. And let's do lots of things together. I'll buy you millions of gifts, and we can have sleepovers!" Jimin exclaimed, and tightened his arms once again. Taehyung huffed, and lay his head on Jimin's. 

"Okay. Let's do everything."

"Yeah." Jimin closed his eyes, and allowed himself to absorb into the embrace. "I love you a lot, Taehyung." Taehyung felt his heart clench within him, and lightly kissed Jimin's forehead.

"I love you too, Jimin. I've loved you for a very long time."

And they both stood like that for a long time, overlooked by hovering nightlights and caressed by sweet rain. Neither of them were planning on letting go anytime soon.

END