Chapter 28

Juliet's POV

I open my eyes to my alarm going off. The damned thing blares out loudly some song that talks about "Gray Geese".

I sit up, my hair a ratty ball on my head as I turn it off lazily. I stretch my arms out and stand up, only to end up falling in a pile of tired bones on the floor.

"Mrmblengr" I mumble as I lay face first in some sheets that I kicked off my bed in the middle of the night. 

 I finally make it back to my feet after several moments and I trudge into the bathroom, making the mistake of looking into the mirror. My hair looks fifty times bigger and messier than I thought, black lines streaked under my eyes, and eyes look gray and dull.

"You look fabulous in the morning, hun." I turn to glare at my dad in the doorway. He puts up his hands in defence and takes a teasing step back. "Easy there fido, only stating what I see. I made breakfast but I have to head to work." I look at his black suit and red tie, his brown hair styled nicely. 

 "Thanks." My voice comes out as tired as I look and I reach out to shut the door but he stops it with his foot. 

 "I was thinking that you could get a job, you know, to get you on your feet here." I'm tempted to shove the pillow my face was in earlier down his throat, but its across the room. "I heard there was an opening at that one store you like at the mall." 

"Hot Topic?" I scrunch my messy hair with one hand as I use the other to cover my mouth when I yawn. He nods and looks around at my messy room, shaking his head. "I'll look into it. Now goodbye." He laughs and waves before letting me close the door. 

I turn on the water to my shower and I strip out of my wrinkly clothes before stepping in. I get the usual feeling that a killer is outside my shower while I wash my hair and I quickly finish and turn off the water. The cool air suddenly wraps around me and I replace it with a towel as I step in front of the mirror, my face now clean of the make up smudges. The fog on the glass goes away as I brush my teeth and apply some deoderent, because, hygene yah know. 

The coice for my clothing goes the same as usual, a t-shirt with a kitten on it with tattoos, some black skinny jeans, and white converse. I dont tease or dry my hair, but instead I keep it down and flat. I put on a normal amount of make up before walking out and downstair, the smell of food coming from the kitchen. 

A plate with two pancakes sits on the counter and I pick it up, carrying it into the living room. I sit on the couch and eat it while I watch some cartoons. Suddenly my phone rings and I reach into my pocket as I set the plate down. 

The caller ID says the one and only Niall so I pick up, laying back on the sofa. "Hey Ni." I say cheerfull, changing the channel. 

"Juliet, where are you?" I sit up, my brows furrowed.

"Harry?" He huffs in annoyance and I mute the TV.

"Yes, and I get kind of pissed when my mom calls me up all freaked out because her sons girlfriend got in the car with some man." 

"It was my dad, Harry. And please tell her I am really sorry about that." 

"Yeah, well she was worried about you but she's fine now. Why would your dad be there, and where are you?" His voice sounds stern and I wince a bit at the thought of Anne being upset over me.

"He wanted to talk because I was ignoring him. We worked things out, so everything's good now."

"That's good, but where are you?" His question repeats and I stand up.

"Home." I make it sound as normal as possible.

"Home? As in England?"

His persistance annoys me but I mean it's glad to have someone who cares. But I really dont feel like arguing with him.

"No."

"What do you mean no? Are you in America with him?" I nod but then remember, the annoying little shit cant see me.

"Yeah, oh, oops got to go."

"Ju-"

"Bye!" I make a kissing sound through the phone and hang up quickly. I then fall to the couch face first with a groan.

Sorry it's shorter than normal, heh. x