The Sixth Chapter: Reversal of Time

I sat down on a couch with Michael beside me. The others looked up from their conversations. They all looked intimidating, like they had all seen horrible things, and like they had participated in them too.

"Lacey," Perry said, "This is Von, Tsuri, Nadia, and Fillip. Guys, this is Lacey and Michael. Michael came with his little brother, but he's with Ben."

"Why isn't he with us?" Nadia asked. Her dark skin looked beautiful with her dark hair, and her eyes seemed almost black.

"He's too  young Nadia. We don't want a little kid running around weapons and being too close to people like all of us who could accidentally kill him," Perry said in an obvious tone.

"It gets dull being with you guys. You've all got light or dark enhancements to your body and it drives me mad watching the different personalities," Nadia said grumpily. She looked like she was only fourteen, and I could feel that she used darker forces.

"Stop complaining Nadia. It's unbecoming," Tsuri chimed.

"Sorry," she mumbled.

"So, Lacey, you're the Evans's child, and you came with a State soldier? Can you explain how that happened? Because I'm at a loss of imagination," Fillip stated.

Perry rolled her eyes and answered, "She was taken by Michael to go over to State when I was trying to get her here. Apparently she changed the guy's mind. Maybe even controlled him."

My heart jumped and I looked nervously at Michael. I was worried he'd start blaming me, and accusing me of putting the thoughts in his mind. I was worried that I actually had.

"I promise..." I started.

"She didn't. Lacey didn't do anything. I would have felt it. I made my own decisions," Michael said.

"Very well," Perry sighed.

"So where are Lacey and I staying?" Michael asked calmly. 

"I can show you," Tsuri answered. She stood up and pushed her slipping glasses back up.  "Come on."

Michael pulled me up and we walked into a hallway where she pushed open two doors next to each other. "You  each take a room. They'll only open up into the hall here. The other rooms are ours, Von and the rest of us'," she paused for a breath, "The restroom is the other door on the same wall as the weapons room. Sorry if you were expecting something nicer, but this is what we have. The other buildings have other uses. I know it seems like allot of rooms to fill, but really, we need more. We've got lots of people living as a group. More and more people have been showing up lately, and since we don't know them before hand they usually have to go straight to the prison cells for interrogation- which are totally overfilled. Well, go on inside and take a look around. They're both the same so just enter one and you'll have it claimed."

Her black hair was pulled up in a bun and she looked very pretty, she had snow white skin, and amber eyes. "Tsuri, what's your last name?" I asked before Michael and I went inside our rooms.

"Motohi. Tsuri Motohi... I'm from Japan. We moved over here when I was ten. We thought it'd be safer, whether we liked the way it was run or not," she replied, "I still miss it though. Japan will always be my true home. I'm just not used to American customs."

"Do you have any other family here?" Michael asked.

"None alive," Tsuri murmured, "Well. Let me get back to the others. I shouldn't be away from them too long. I'm glad you are both here. You seem like good people."

"Thank you," I replied softly. I couldn't stop wondering how many people she had lost. It made me feel horrible. I wanted to try and comfort her, but within my own experience I knew that wouldn't help. It would just be another bothersome human getting in the way.