The Fifteenth Chapter: Division

I woke up slowly but surely. My heart jumped as it saw the surrounding location before it remembered that Michael and I had gotten separated from the rest of the group and were hiding out in a building for State soldiers. Nobody was here thankfully. I guessed there wouldn't have been any reason for them to be though.

The previous night Michael and I had found the bunk rooms. So we set up there, and the place already had everything we could need. Including food and water. I was shocked at how stocked up this place was. I guess State members figured if they had to hid out that it would be for a long amount of time.

"Wake up Michael," I muttered from the opposite side of the room.

Michael sighed. "What are you doing that for Lacey? We don't have to be anywhere do we?"

"Yes we do Sleeping Beauty. Now be a man and wake up. We can go gather some things, and before we do even that- we seriously need to plan out what we're going to do with ourselves," I replied.

"Sounds like dull stuff Lacey," Michael moaned into his pillow.

I screamed in happiness, "Never mind what I just said. Breakfast. I want breakfast first."

He laughed shortly and sat up; stretched his arms out. "That I can do."

"You sure are lazy," I muttered as I slid out of my bed.

"And you're going to get fat if you keep up this attitude towards food," Michael laughed.

"Shut up," I said shortly.

Michael smirked and got out of his bed. We looked like abused teenagers hence the recent events and were still wearing our white ( now badly stained from being stuck in the prison ) clothes. I hoped to find some cleaner clothes to change into later today.

"Come along," Michael said as he motioned me forward. "I think I know where we can get some stuff to eat."

"Right away," I agreed.

We left the sleeping quarters and lights turned on automatically in the hallway as we walked. It was sort of instinctive to look for a light switch, but there weren't any. The building was quite large and whether Michael actually knew his way around, I was glad that at least I wouldn't be the one to get blamed for ending up stuck in somewhere random, lost.

"Here you go," Michael said as we entered a cafeteria looking room. "The food should be in the back."

"I don't think you have to be smart to realize that, Michael," I sighed. "It's only common sense."

Michael raised his eyebrows and smiled back at me. "You sure are a complicated person. I pity anyone who has to be around you."

"You pity yourself then?" I asked in a highly tone.

"Oh no. I'm past the pity point. I think I've gone to the point where I pity those who have to be around me as well," Michael laughed.

I smiled slyly. "I pity those around you too. Including myself."

Michael looked at me inquisitively. "I think I'll just take that as a compliment and leave it at that."

"But I wasn't complimenting you..." I replied.

"Live is just a big game of perspective. I can perceive things the way I want to," he said.

"You want to live in a world of lies?" I asked taken aback.

Michael glared at me and I pursed my lips. "Shut up?" I asked.

"Might be best," Michael replied forcefully.