Chapter 10: Forgiveness

*Rydel's POV*

"We've got a little situation," Kelly says nervously.

"A little situation?  What the hell are you-" She cuts me off by showing me the "little" situation.  She pushes the flaps of her jacket to the side revealing her stomach.  She's wearing a tighter fitting t-shirt so it stands out more.  There was an undeniable bump.  It was tiny, but there.

"Uh, Kelly?"  I ask.  I don't really know how to respond.  How do I respond? 

She places a hand on the lower part of her stomach.

"Get Ell."  She tells me.  I leave the door open and go searching frantically for Ellington.  I assume she let herself in.

"Ellington?"  I shout.  I'm shaking from head to toe and my heart is beating so fast I'm not sure it's healthy.  Why?  Because I think my boyfriend is going to be a father.

"Ellington!"  I yell again.  He comes tearing down the hallway like it was on fire and catches me in his arms. 

"Del?  What's going on?  Are you hurt?"  He asks me a series of questions just about as fast as my heart was going.

"Kelly...here..."  I breathe out.  A scared look crosses his face.  He grabs my hand and leads me back to his living room.  Kelly's sitting on the couch, watching the TV.  She turns when she hears us coming.

"Kelly?  What are you doing here?"  Ellington asks.  I've finally caught my breath and stand next to Ell.

"Uh..."  She starts nervously.  She gestures for us to sit.  We sit next to her on the couch.  I get a little nervous and honestly jealous when she takes his hands in hers.  I know he's uncomfortable with her doing that, but he doesn't stop her.  "Ellington," she meets his eyes.  "I'm pregnant."

It's a long while before anyone says any thing.

"Father?"  Is all Ell can say.  I rub his back soothingly.

"You," Kelly smiles at him, hoping to ease the blow.  "You're the father."

"But...but...what about Alex?  He isn't the father?"  Ellington asks.  Kelly shakes her head and wipes a tear away from her eye.

"No, we never uh-"  She stops herself.

"But you two did?"  I don't regret asking, but I do wish I had waited until a later time or at least said it in a less incriminating way.  I slap my hand over my mouth.

"Yes," Kelly snaps at me.  I look at Ellington expectantly, waiting for further explanation.

"It was before we started dating, Delly.  It was a short time before actually."  He tells me.

"And you never told me you two did that the day we kissed?"  I asked.  To be honest I was a little disgusted.

"Yes, and it was obviously a mistake."  Ellington stood up and walked out of the room.  Kelly looked at me like it was my fault that he was reacting like this.

"Thanks a lot!"  She screams at me.

"What the hell did I do?"  I shout back.

"You asked stupid questions and scared him away!  And it's your fault if my baby doesn't have a good father!"

"I know your hormones have gone whack, but can you really blame me for that?"  I shout back.

"Go talk to him!  Just go talk to him!"  She pleads.  I don't do it for her, I do it for him. He was in his room when I found him.  I sit on his bed where he's laying down with his face buried in a pillow, sobbing.