Chapter 11: Friends

*Rydel's POV*

"Mmm....hello?"  Ellington's sleepy voice answered.

"Who is it?"  I mumble with my eyes shut.  I'm laying in his arms.  The ringing of his cell phone woke us both up.

I can't hear exactly what the person on the other end is saying but I can tell they aren't very happy.

"Alright, alright.  We're on our way man.  Yeah, okay bye."  He hangs up.  "We're late to the writing session."  He groans.

"Crap."  I stand up and start making my way towards the kitchen.  Ellington and I had fallen asleep in his living room last night. 

I started to eat an apple while I waited for him to get up.

"Wake up, lazy bum."  I spoke loudly.  He just waved a sleepy hand at me.  I walked back into the living room.  "I'm going to go back to my house to get ready.  Be ready by the time I get back here."  I told him.  He just nodded tiredly.  I kissed his forehead and left.

I got back to my house and changed into green yoga pants, a white tank top with a blue bandeau underneath, and pink vans.  I threw my hair into a messy bun and put on light mascara.  I brushed my teeth and started down the stairs.

I texted Ell saying I was on my way and started to drive back to his house.  I pulled up and a few minutes later he ran out to the car.

"Wow, you're actually ready."  I say, impressed.  He just chuckles and leans in for a kiss.  I kiss him and pull back.  "Mostly ready; you forgot to brush."  I giggle.

Just as I was about to pull out of the driveway, my phone buzzed.  It was a text from Ross.

Can you guys get us some drinks pretty please?  -Ross

"We're stopping at Starbucks on the way."  I say to Ellington as I respond to the text.  I first drove to Starbucks where we got the drinks then we drive to the studio.

"Sorry we were late."  I say as Ellington and I walk in, struggling with all the drinks in our hands.

"Passed out after a movie night and slept in."  I explained.  A look crossed my face when I said this.  I look at Ell and he has the same thought.

"Kelly," I mouth.  He nods and pulls out his phone. 

"So what did we miss?"  I ask, taking a seat next to Riker, Ell taking the seat on my other side.

"Nothing really.  We've just been discussing things."  Dad says.  I grab Ell's hand under the table and join the discussion.  About five minutes later my phone starts ringing.  I glance at the ID.

"I'll be right back."  I say politely, standing up and walking outside as I did so.  "Hello?"  I answered.

"Hey, why isn't Ellington answering my texts?"  It was Kelly.

"Uh, I don't know.  He tried texting you though; where did you go?"  I asked.  A breeze blew by me, causing a shiver to run down my back. 

"After you and Ellington passed out last night, I just left.  I guess I forgot to tell you guys.  Sorry."

"It's alright.  Can I call you back later please?  We're at a writing session." 

"Oh, right.  Of course.  Call me when you're done please?"

"Yep."  We said our goodbyes and hung up.  I walked back inside and returned to my seat.

"Did I miss anything?"  I asked. 

"Not really.  Who were you talking to?"  Riker asked me.

"Kelly," I shrugged.  I winked at Ell.

"I thought you two weren't friends after the whole...you know," Ryland said, gesturing to Ellington and I.

"We were, but we made up.  We're friends again now."  I shrugged.  "So let's get back to work, shall we?"

*The Next Week*

"You know what I think you guys should do?" Mom asked one day.

"Hm?"  I seemed to be the only person in the room who was listening.

"The boys should have a boys day, and the girls should have a girls day!"

"Like the boys all hang out and the girls all hang out?  Is that really a good idea?"  I asked.

"I sure think so."

"What do you guys think?"  I asked the rest.  I had to repeat it three or four times until they eventually heard me. 

"Why not?"

***Sorry for the short and boring filler.  I'm sick and didn't really have an extravagant update in me, but I thought you guys deserved an update.  I just want to let you guys know that this story will be getting kinda crazy in the next few chapters.  And please don't kill me for what I may write... ;)  And I'd like to know what a good update day for you guys would be.  I'm good for whatever day except Wednesdays.  Wednesdays are hella busy for me.  Other than that, let me know!  Because I'd really like a regular, weekly update day...

Vote! Comment! Follow!  And keep being amazing!