Chapter 12: Uncomfortable

*Rydel's POV*

"I don't wanna go..."  Ellington pouted to me.

"Why not?"  I asked.

"Spending time with my girlfriend's four brothers isn't exactly my cup of tea.  I just know they're going to drill me about you."  He explained.  I was in my bathroom and he was sitting on the edge of the bathtub.  He liked talking to me while I did my make-up.

"Then don't spend time with your girlfriend's four brothers."  I shrugged.  "Spend time with your four best friends."  A puzzled look crossed his face.

"You do remember that they are your best friends, right?  Them being my brothers and them being your best friends might sound different, but they're the same people.  Just simply change your perspective on the situation."  I told him.  I finished my makeup and started curling my hair.

"That sounds easy enough.  But they're still going to treat me like their sister's boyfriend regardless of our friendship."  He said, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

"I'll talk to them."  I assured him.

"No, don't.  They'll know I talked to you about it and they'll think I'm scared of them.  I don't want our friendship to come to that.  Even though, to be completely honest, I am a tiny bit scared of them."  He admitted.

"Okay.  If you don't want me to..."  I finished curling my hair and walked to my bedroom.  I picked out my outfit (outfit in external link) and jogged down the stairs.

Brie, Jessie, and Katy were sitting in the living room and talking with the boys.  Ellington had joined in the conversation as well.

"Hey ladies!"  I cheered, going around and hugging each of them.  "We just waiting for Sabrina?"  I asked. 

"Rocky just left to go pick her up."  Ross informed me.  I just nodded.  I plopped myself on the couch next to Ell and pulled out my phone.  I typed up a message and sent it to all of the boys excluding Ell.  It was just a message telling them to be nice.  I know Ellington didn't want me to, but I felt I needed to.

I tapped Ellington's knee and gestured for him to follow me.  I pulled him into the hallway.

"Should I ask the girls if I can invite Kelly?" 

"Do you really want to though?"  He seemed unsure.  "Most girls wouldn't be besties with their boyfriend's pregnant ex."

"I'm pretty sure we've had this conversation before," I started.  "I'm not most girls am I?  And besides, I think it'll be easier for ALL of us if we are nice."  I explained.  A smile appeared on his face.

"If you want to," He shrugs.  I stand on my tip toes and kiss him gently. 

I pulled away from our kiss and smiled.  I pecked his lips one more time before turning on my heels and walking to towards the girls.  We huddled together so we could talk in private. 

"Hey girlies, can I invite one more girly to the party?"  I asked them.

"Yeah, who?"  Jessie asked.

"My best friend Kelly.  I think you will all really like her."

"Sure."  They all agreed.  I quickly called Kelly.  She said she was on her way.

---

"I DON'T CARE I LOVE IT!"  All of us girls sang obnoxiously.  We were all piled into Chubbs and driving to the mall.  We were singing at the top of our lungs to every song on the radio.  It was fun.

*Ellington's POV*

"So what are we doing first?"  I asked the boys.  They all shrugged.

"Any ideas?"  Rocky asked.

"Skateboarding?"  I suggested.  All the guys looked to each other as if code for "Yes/no?"  Simultaneously, they all looked back to me.

"Sure.  Why not?"  Riker spoke for all of them.  We walked to the nearby skatepark with all of our skateboards.  The girls had left shortly before we did. 

We skated around for a while before we got bored and decided to go surfing instead.  I hated surfing because I wasn't very good, but I still went along.  I texted Rydel most of the time anyways.

*Rydel's POV*

"So you're pregnant?"  Sabrina asked Kelly.

"Yeah."  Kelly smiled happily.

"With Rydel's boyfriend's baby?"

"Yep."  Kelly asked, her mood changing slightly.

"You bang him while they were together?"  Sabrina was starting to irritate Kelly.

"No.  She didn't.  We weren't together yet."  I snapped, unintentionally sounding like a total bitch.

After shopping for several hours, we decided to go to a movie and dinner.  I was texting Ellington a lot because he was uncomfortable.

Didn't seem like either of us had a very good day.

****Sooooo sorry for the incredibly long wait.  I had writer's block, ran out of ideas, AND my laptop broke leaving me to write on my phone :( but hopefully I can get more into the swing of things soon.