Chapter 18: Promise

*Rydel's POV*

"So what's the latest on Rydellington?"  The interviewer asked.

"It's over."  I told her.  She seemed shocked.  "That ended last week.  He went back to his ex-girlfriend Kelly."  I shrugged nonchalantly.  On the outside I seemed to be handling the break up just fine, but on the inside I was a wreck.

"Oh, and how did that happen?"  The interviewer asked.

"I was an idiot and messed everything up."  Ellington answered.  That's for sure.

"How about we talk about something else?"  Dad, off camera, asked.

"Great idea.  How about that upcoming tour you've all got planned?"  The interviewer redirected the interview.

---

I was the first out of the studio.  I stormed out, actually.  Kelly had walked in because after the interview she and Ellington were going to lunch.

I climbed onto the bus and sat on the sofa.  I felt someone sit next to me, but I didn't know who because I had closed my eyes.

"You act like you don't care that you broke up, but it's actually eating you alive, isn't it?"

"Don't want to talk about it, Ross."  I mumbled.

"You have to talk to someone about it eventually.  Besides, you never talk to me about your problems.  It's always Riker."

"I'm sorry you feel neglected, little bro."  I opened my eyes and turned to him.  He had an innocent face and it reminded me of a little boy. 

"I just want some sister time.  I never get to hang out with you anymore."  He admitted.  "Can we go get lunch together or something?  Maybe even go for a walk?"

I smiled.  "I'd love that.  How about we go home, pack some lunch, then walk to the beach and we can hang out there?"  I suggested.

"Yeah."  He smiled and nodded as the rest minus Ellington got on the bus.

We got home and started making our lunches.  We made peanut butter sandwiches and salads and packed vitamin waters with it.  We decided to stay healthy.

"Alright, I'm gonna go change real quick." I told Ross.  I ran to my room and changed into a pink bikini incase we decided to swim, with white yoga shorts and a navy and white striped tube top over that.  I put on a pair of white toms and put my hair in a ponytail.

"Okay, let's go."  I smiled at Ross.  We took our lunches and started walking to the beach.  The nearest beach was two miles away from our house.

"So what do you want to talk about?"  I asked Ross as we walked.

"Um, how about your general well-being.  I know you were pretty sick a while ago, how you feeling?"

"A lot better.  I guess I just got a random tummy bug or something.  I'm fine now."  I told him.

"Good."  He mumbled.  "What about your emotional health?"  He glanced at me.

"I've been better."  I shrugged.  I tripped over a rock but quickly pulled myself back up.

"I'm sorry I was pushing you to talk to me about you and Ellington, I just wanted to make sure you knew that you can talk to me."  Ross said, putting a hand on my shoulder to help steady me.

"I'm sorry I made it seem like I'll only talk to Riker.  Which I guess was kinda true.  So thank you for letting me know.  I guess I needed it."  I smiled at him.  "From now on, I'm going to make more of an effort to talk to you guys."

"So, tell me about you and Katy!"  I playfully nudged him.  He smiled at her name.

"What do you want to know?"  He asked nonchalantly.

"How about how you met?" 

"We met at an A&A taping.  Her sister was guest starring.  I don't know...I just started talking with her.  She was really cute."  He shrugged and grinned.

"Aw, it's awesome that all of you are finding love.  You and Katy, Riker and Brie, Rocky and Sabrina, RyRy and Jessie..."  I kicked the pavement under my feet when I opened my mouth to say something but stopped myself.

"Do you think you'll ever get back together with Ellington?"  He asked, speaking the topic on my mind.  He almost sounded scared to ask.

"I don't know.  Never say never, I guess.  I was just tired of him giving me mixed signals."  I sighed.  "But he's back with Kelly now."

"Do you want him back?"

"Yes, I do, to be honest.  I think I overreacted way too much, although I reason to react at least a little, I should've listened to him."  I muttered.  "But I think he wants me back just as much as I want him, so I'm just gonna stay back and not say anything."

"What?  Why?  If you want you want him back, then get him back."  Ross encouraged.

"But it'll just start shit with Kelly that I don't want to bring up.  I think it's best to just let whatever will happen, happen."  I breathed in and out deeply, trying to let out the anger building up with it.

"Nothing is going to happen if you don't do something.  Promise you'll at least think about talking to him?"  I looked over and smiled at Ross.

"Okay, sure."  I agreed.

"Promise?"  He held out his pinky.  I chuckled lightly to myself and linked our pinkies.

"Promise."

Kind of a short filler.  I think it'll suffice though, won't it?  Kind of a softener after these past few chapters ;) Next chapter after...28+ Votes and 10+ comments?