Chapter 5: Confusion

*Ratliff's POV*

After she pretty much dissed me when I kissed her, after she said she loved me, I went back to the party. I had fun, I guess. But it wasn't the same without her. We finally left the party a few hours later. Rydel was asleep.

She was the prettiest thing alive, awake and asleep. She looked heavenly though, when she's asleep. After I was sure everyone else was asleep, I climbed out of my bunk to get closer to her. She was facing me now, so kissed her forehead gently.

She didn't understand. She took my silence as a negative thing. But honestly, I wasn't sure how to respond. My best friend told me she loves me.

If only she knew.

I want to tell her more than anything right now. I want her to know how much I want her. No, how much I fucking love her. She's the most beautiful person in my life and I need her. But she thinks I hate her. That's not it at all.

I pushed her gorgeous blonde hair out of her face. She's so pretty. I sighed and climbed back into my bunk. A few hours later she sat up urgently and hit her head.

"Shit!" she exclaimed. It took everything in me not to laugh. I was about to take the opportunity to tell her how I really feel, but Riker stepped in. They went to the front of the bus. Damn it. I crept out of my bunk to listen in.

"Who are you with?" I heard Riker say. Wait, what?

"Titus," she answered stiffly. I stomped back to my bunk. She's with Titus now? She only just told me she loves me a mere four hours ago. A while later she came back and started messing around on her phone. She's probably texting him.

Maybe I'm just being selfish. I didn't exactly tell her I want her, and I did kiss her and freeze her out, and I almost kissed her and completely ignored her for a while...She just moved on, I guess. But why Titus? I didn't even know she liked him.

She put her phone down and went to sleep. Maybe it's time I try to sleep too. I let my body go limp and shut my eyes. I was out within seconds.

When I woke up I was the last one to wake up. Rydel was still texting away on her phone. We stopped at a diner for breakfast. I sat as far away from Rydel as possible.

"Who are you texting, Rydel?" Rocky asked. She looked up like she just now noticed where we were.

"Oh, no one." She shrugged and went back to texting.

"Rydel, your food is getting cold." Stormie told her a second later. She shoved a spoonful of her oatmeal in her mouth without looking away from her phone screen.

"Ratliff, you've barely eaten anything either," Stormie said, noticing my full plate of eggs and bacon. I just stood up and went to the bathroom. As I was walking away I heard someone say,

"What's up with these two?"

I pulled out my phone and started looking through my twitter feed. A picture I never wanted to see showed up. Kelly and her new boyfriend. Ha, you thought I was going to say Rydel and I kissing, huh?

Her new boyfriend is really tall. He has wavy, chin length brown hair. Light facial hair. And not to mention huge muscles. And here's the big blow, he's a freaking Hollister model.

I went back to the table after throwing a minor tantrum.

"You okay, Ratliff?" Rydel asked.

"Fine," I muttered. I saw confused looks go around the table.

"You sure?" Ross asked. "We saw the picture..."

"I'm fine," I repeated. You could literally see, smell, and use every sense you have the awkward now. We finally got up and left for our next venue. That show was great, except for the Q&A where a fan asked about the picture of Kelly and her new boyfriend, apparently his name is Alex.

"Kelly has moved on and I'm happy for her." I answered. That was that and we moved on to the next question.

After the show we were all sitting around the bus like the lazy bums we are. Rydel was texting away to her boyfriend. Riker was texting his girlfriend. Ross as asleep. Rocky was texting someone. And Ryland was texting his girlfriend. I guess I have an excuse for not texting a girlfriend, I just got out if a relationship. Yeah, we'll go with that. I suddenly got a good idea. I pulled out my phone and texted Rydel. "Meet me outside?"

She looked up at me and stood up, walking towards the exit of the bus. I followed her shortly.

"Yes?" She asked rather impatiently.

"Rydel, I need to talk to you. Really badly."

"Then talk."

"So I overheard you and Riker's conversation last night," I began. "I know that you're dating someone."

"Who do you think I'm dating?" She asked, folding her arms over her chest.

"Well...I heard something about Titus." I nervously scratched the back of my neck.

"Oh my god. You didn't hear all of the conversation! I had a dream. And I told Riker that I was with Titus in the dream. But you know who I really was with in my dream?" She shouted. A look of realization hit my face like a ton of bricks.

"Yeah, I was with you Ratliff. I am still single, and it appears I will be for a while." She started to go back inside.

"Wait, then who are you always texting?" I asked.

"It's a secret you can't tell anyone. I've arranged to fly Riker's girlfriend down to Jersey for the last show and surprise him. Keep your mouth shut about it." She turned and left.

I feel like such an ass now. Wow. Bad move, Ellington. Bad move.

**I feel really bad for disappearing for a while.  I hope everyone likes the new chap tho.  8+ votes for the next one?