Chapter 6: Anger

*Rydel's POV*

We were messing around in the greenroom, waiting to go on stage. We still had about an hour. Brie should be here soon. She texted me that she got off the plane about fifteen minutes ago, so any minute now.

"Are you okay, Rydel? You seem anxious." Riker told me. I hadn't realized I was pacing.

"Nah, I'm excited." I said giving him a double thumbs up. He raised an eyebrow but didn't question it. I peeked at his phone. Aw, he's texting Brie. Mom poked her head in from outside the room.

"I believe you guys have some visitors." She said excitedly. I jumped up and bolted out the door. A girl who looked very similar to the girl Riker was with in my dream was there. Along with a blonde, a short, dark haired girl, and...and...Kelly. What was Kelly doing here?

Riker ran to the girl I saw in my dream. I assume she must be Brie. Rocky ran to the other blonde. Ryland to the brunette.  And Ratliff and I were stuck in the middle. Both of us confused as hell as to why Kelly is here.

"Hi, Ellington." She said quietly. I snapped out of my confused trance and looked around.  I saw that along with Ross, I was alone.  I turned and ran down the hall to the bathroom.  I shut the door behind me and locked it.  I sunk down against the wall and burst into tears.  Why am I crying?  I guess I kinda turned into a wuss when this whole thing with Ratliff began.  I heard a knocking on the door.

"Leave me alone."  I shouted.

"Rydel?  Can we please talk?"  I cringed when I heard the voice.  I stood up, put on my strong face, and let her in.

"What, Kelly?"  I asked.

"We haven't talked since the breakup.  At all.  We used to be best friends, what happened?"  She asked sadly.

"You hurt my best friend.  My real best friend."  God I'm a bitch.  She awkwardly stood there because she didn't know how to respond.

"Rydel, I know the real reason you're mad at me.  Not because I'm here after breaking up with Ell, but because I'm here.  Isn't it?  You're mad because you want him and you don't want me to get in the way."  She said bitterly.

"Why the hell are you here, Kelly?"  I asked.

"I wanted to apologize to Ellington."  She shifted her weight onto her other foot.

"You really had the nerve to break up with him for another guy, then come back and apologize when he's finally starting to heal?"  I snapped.

"No!  Well, yes.  Okay, I came to apologize because I know I'm an idiot.  I fell head over heels for that guy and I thought I loved him more than I loved Ell.  But he um...he, never mind.  I have to go."  She turned and started to walk out.  I grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"He what?"  I asked.

"He cheated on me."  She said tears forming in her eyes.  She looked me in the eyes briefly, then walked out of the bathroom.  After fixing myself up, I walked out if the bathroom, head held high.  I put a smile on my face and walked into the room where everyone was chatting away.  I looked around the room, my eyes landing on a scene I was hoping would never happen again.  Kelly planted a kiss on Ellington's lips.

"Time to go, everyone."  Dad told us.  I shot a glare at Kelly before following my brothers and Ratliff out onto the stage.  We did a quick Q&A.  Someone even thought they saw Kelly here.  Ratlif didn't know how to respond.

"She came out to support us on our last show."  He said simply.  We took a couple more questions before it was time to play.  I sang my song, Love Me Like That, plus Pour Some Sugar On Me.  After the show we went and had a party on the bus.  Unfortunately Kelly was there too.

"So did you do it?"  I pulled Riker off to the side.  He raised an eyebrow at my question.  "Did you ask her?"  I gestured to Brie.  A smile grew on his face.  He nodded.

"She said yes," he was beaming.  He really likes this girl.

"Well then I shouldn't keep you from her.  Go!"  I shoved him toward her.  I stood off to the side and watched the party.  Kelly wouldn't leave Ratliff alone.  She was all flirtatious and even kissed him a couple times. 

"Delly, what's wrong?"  My mom asked me.  She looked where my gaze was.  "Because she's back?  I think Ellington's smart enough not to take her back, honey."

"He doesn't seem in a hurry to get rid of her."  I said, still not looking away.

"Why does it matter to you who he's with?"  She asked in a motherly tone.

"Because he doesn't deserve that bitch."  I said, a little LOUDer than I intended. 

"Rydel, you have no right to call her that."

"I have every right to believe it!"  I shouted.  I ran off the bus.  God, why am I so...angry lately?  I know this whole thing with Ratliff has been taking a large toll on my emotions, but I am so bitter!  And now with Kelly added to this mess, I'm just going to get worse.  People are going to start noticing things, if they haven't already. 

I ran down the sidewalk.  On the way to my mystery destination, I ran into a couple fans.  I pretended I was looking for a bathroom because the one on the bus wasn't working, and signed autographs.  They kindly pointed in the direction of a gas station.  I thanked them and left.  I walked into the gas station and bought some snacks and a drink.  I paid and left.  I munched on some of my snacks while I kept walking.

I somehow found myself back at the bus.  By now everyone was gone.  Including Kelly.  Yay!  I decided that I really need to talk to Ratliff.  Right now.  I pulled him outside of the bus and started walking with him.  Time to 'fess up.

"Rydel, what's this about?"  Ratliff asked just as I was going to begin.

"I think it's time I be completely honest with you.  And I ask the same from you in return."  I avoided eye contact.

"Okay,"

"Why was Kelly here?"  I asked.

"She wanted to apologize for hurting me."

"No, Ratliff.  Why was she here?"  I repeated.

"To apologize!"  He shouted.  "She felt bad because Alex cheated on her."

"Why was she all cozying up to you?  Did you get back together?"  I questioned.

"She wants to get back together, but I told her that I never would take her back."  His answer surprised me.  Not so much the answer to the question, but the way he said it.  He was so calm.  I couldn't help but feel a little giddy with his answer.

"Oh," I did feel kind of foolish.  I demanded an answer to a question I thought I already knew, but apparently I didn't.

"Anything else?"  He asked boredly.  Right, like he's got somewhere to be. 

"I'm sick of this.  Sick of acting like children.  I need a 100% honest answer right now Ratliff.  Do you want me?"  I stopped walking and turned to face him.  He took a step forward.  We were so close I could feel his breath on my skin.  This small feeling gave me butterflies and made my heart start beating so fast I thought it was going to explode.

"I want only you."  He caressed my cheeks with his hands and kissed me deeper than ever.  I felt in this moment right now that this was love.

All bitterness just flowed right out of me with that kiss.  Anger turned to desire.  Resentment into a longing.  And any grudges I held on anyone just dropped.  This kiss changed me.  It's weird to think a kiss could completely turn you around.  But this kiss was...this kiss was incredible.  Never again will I experience such a kiss. 

I could freeze this moment and live it out for the rest of my life.  But of course, nothing perfect stays perfect.

***OMR I AM SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN FOREVER! And I feel even worse about the fact that this chapter is so short.  I'll work on updating a bit more often though, instead of falling off the face of the planet.  Anywayyyys...A bit of a cliffhanger, eh?  What do you think will happen.  Better yet, what do you want to happen?!  How about...15+ votes  and 5+ comments for the next chapter?  Yah?  Okay.

See ya you beautiful people