call #6

"hi trevor"

"hi may"

"what's up?"

"i'm on my way to the the lacrosse game"

"you shouldn't be on your phone while you're driving"

"well my car has bluetooth so i'm technically talking to you through my car, not my phone"

"you're ridiculous"

"are you going to be at the game? since our schools are going against each other.."

"yeah, the dance team is doing a routine at the game"

"well good luck"

"thanks. you too."

"thanks."

"you know, it would be nice to actually meet you tonight. we could meet at the--"

"sorry, i can't"

"why not?"

"i don't think we should meet"

"again, why not?"

"because i just don't think it's the right time"

"when will the right time be? huh? 2 months? 6 months? 6 years? i don't like the idea of not knowing who i'm talking to. it doesn't feel as nice and it would if i was talking to someone that i actually knew"

"sorry, may"

"it's weird considering we live in the same town, our schools aren't even that far from each other and it would just be so much easier instead of just talking to you through the phone"

"i don't think your boyfriend would be very happy about us meeting considering i'm on his long list of people he hates"

"rick isn't going to be--"

"yes he is"

"if you were so scared of rick, you wouldn't have started calling me"

silence. "goodbye may"

"wait, trevor! i--"

he hung up before he could hear what she had to say.

***

a/n: i'm not sure how i feel about this chapter... i feel like it's kind of short... maybe i'll update twice today to make up for it ;)