call #8

"hello?"

"may!"

"hello to you too" she grumbled

"guess what?"

"what?"

"guess!"

"you had a little bit too much sugar?"

"no! i got into the university of alabama!"

"congrats"

"you don't sound very happy"

"i didn't get accepted to harvard"

"oh"

"this was my chance to get away from this place! i didn't have a plan b! sure, i applied to other universities but i never actually wanted to go there."

"well harvard is missing out on the most qualified student to ever apply"

"thanks... but now i have to figure out what universities i actually want to go to"

"where else did you apply?"

"i applied to university of alabama as well, and i also applied to university of toronto"

"we just have to wish for the best"

"enough about this stupid school drama. so... how was your day?"

"well after school i had lacrosse practice to prepare for the upcoming game and then the guys and i went out to that coffee place near the acton plaza."

"you were there today? what time?"

"around 5. why?"

"because that's the place i work at... and i was working at 5"

"right"

"you were there. in the same room"

"yeah. look, it's not that big of a deal--"

"it is a big deal! it means that i was in the same room as you and i didn't even know it! i could've served you guys or something without even knowing that the identity-less caller i've been talking to was right in front of me!"

"want another hint for your hunt for my identity?"

"you make it seem like finding out who you are is my top priority. but yes, another hint would be nice"

"you were our waitress today"

***

a/n: AGAIN, i don't know how i feel about this... I CAn't right now.

TWO CHAPTERS BEING PUBLISHED TODAY. DOUBLE UPDATE, yES.