call #26

"t.j"

"maeve"

"ok, yeah, i'm just going to stick with trevor"

"hello to you too, may"

"what's up"

"not much. i called you because i wanted to ask you something"

"ask away"

"what the hell more do you want from me? do you want me to apologize in skywriting? jump off a cliff and announce to the world that i am a jackass who made a mistake and has to sacrifice himself to get the girl to forgive him?"

"no! of course not!"

"then what else do you want me to do? i've apologized, and i know that you know that i know that i screwed up and i regret it deeply"

"i'm sure you'll figure it out"

"you're not really helping. can i at least have a clue?"

"nope."

"why not?"

"because you did the exact same thing to me. it's only fair"

"i bet this is your revenge plan. you're just messing with me so you can get payback, aren't you?" he teased

"partly"

"i'm hurt may, i really am"

"poor trevor"

he sighed, "so what are you doing"

"well i'm hanging out with riley. i just told her who you are and she's freaking out"

"really?"

"yeah... she's surprised that it's you and she's got the best instincts. hold on, let me put you on speaker"

"oh my gosh! t.j marks and may lautner! i really didn't see this coming! from what i heard from may, trevor seemed so much sweeter than real life trevor aka t.j marks aka captain of the lacrosse team at burnsley acton!"

"and what were you expecting?"

"hot loner. black hoodie all year round"

"damn. well not me"

"and i'm very happy about that. you would've died of a heat stroke with a black hoodie"

"hey riley, can i talk to you? alone?"

"sure. i'll just take the phone off of speaker--"

"make sure may leaves the room"

"what!? that's not fair! that's my phone you're using!"

"may leave the room"

"please"

"you both suck"

"ok, is she gone?"

"yup, she-- wait" riley paused, "may! stop eavesdropping!"

"ok, i need your help"

"really!? are you finally making a move on may!?" riley squealed excitedly

"well, sort of. she technically hasn't forgiven me yet. she wants me to prove it or something."

"sounds like something may would do"

"well i can't think of anything! all i can think of is cliff diving, sky messages, boombox above my head while i stand outside her window, and even a freaking scrapbook! riley, help me."

"just take her on a date"

"seems too simple. i don't think it will work."

"may doesn't want you to plan something super extravagant. she just wants you to tell her how you feel. take her to the arcade near the local mall, and then before the sun sets, take her to the clearing at the town park and watch the sunset together, she'll be in a romantic mood and you'll have a chance to swoop in and make a move"

"riley, you're brilliant"

"well, i do work for a relationship hotline... i just realized i'm single and giving people relationship advice. my love life is sad"

he chuckles, "don't worry riley, i'm sure you'll find someone"

"you're not what people say you are"

"i am misunderstood"

"you really like may, don't you? like in a more than friends kind of way"

"more than you can even imagine"

"i'm glad may has someone like you. but seriously, if she ever sheds a single sad tear because of you, i will murder you"

***

a/n: riley is probably my favorite character.

qotd: favorite character from this book??