Part 15

Jay's POV

Will leads me down a hallway, then another. It doesn't take much for me to realize that this walk to Erin's room is taking much longer than it should. He turns down one more and I can't take it any more.

J-"Will, where are we going? Where's Erin?"

W-"Ok, you know her blood pressure was hell to get under control, right?"

I nod my head.

W-"We put her as far away from any and all activity as possible so nothing happens that causes it to spike up or drop again."

J-"And what if it does spike or drop?"

W-"With her current condition, we're all hoping and praying that doesn't happen..."

He looked me in the eyes as he said this...there was no missing the unspoken message of his warning. I didn't have much time to mull over this though because he finally stopped outside a door.

W-"This is it, I'll give you two a few then come and tell you both the extent of her injuries...she didn't want me to tell them to her earlier, she just wanted to see you."

We turn and give each other a full on hug-not a man hug thing, a full on one-and then I turn and open the door to see my wife for the first time in an agonizing 6 hours.

I open the door slowly, and try to be quiet just in case Erin fell back asleep. She didn't though, cause as soon as she heard me her head popped right up and her eyes found mine.

"Jay," she breathed.

I closed the door behind me in a much different fashion than the one I opened it in and crossed from the door way to her bedside in two large strides. As soon as I got there I I took her face in my hands and laid a soft kiss on her forehead before laying mine against hers.

J-"Erin, you had me so scared"

Erin's POV

I smiled slightly as I looked into Jays eyes. He was finally here, and from what the nurse that took my vitals after Will left had to say, he really means it when he says he was scared. According to the nurse, he also wasn't the only one...she said there's an entire waiting room full of people for me, that every seat was occupied.

But the most important one is with me now and that's all that matters.

I reached up to cover one of Jays hands with one of my mine and leaned into his touch.

E-"I love you"

He smiled and used his free hand to move a piece of my hair behind my ear.

J-"I love you, too"

I smiled and Jay moved back to sit in the chair Will had occupied earlier. He moved it as close to me as he could get, then took one of my hands in both of his. I was watching him move his thumb in lazy circles over the back of my hand and thinking back over the day. It was then that I realized I don't know what happened after I put those two kids down on the cot for ambo 61 to bring in.

E-"Jay..."

J-"Yeah?"

E-"So, I'm having a bit of trouble remembering what the hell happened after those two kids went off in ambo 61"