Time Spent, Finally

After I had taken care of my injury, I dismissed myself from working early so I could relax. I found a nice warm spot near the homestead and settled down to look up at the unchanging sky. It was a great environment for just thinking. 

I don't understand how I could be so possessive of (Y/N). I don't even know her that well and we don't hang out much. I mean, I know that she's the only girl and most of the guys are probably thinking the same way, but why do I remember her from before the Glade. We must have had some sort of past together, because I swear she was somewhere in those memories I got back after the changing. She reminds me of something beautiful, but dangerous. 

"What's up dude?" I turned around to see (Y/N) leaning on the homestead. What is she doing here? Shouldn't she be working?

"Uhhhh, hi, (Y/N). What are you doing here?"

"Well, we finished earlier than we had expected." She pushed away from the homestead and made her way towards me. "How about you?"

I held up my hand to show her the damage. "Hammer accident."

"Ooohhh, ouch," she commented as she sat next to me, her (E/C) eyes scanning the bandages.

"Pretty much." 

I watched her as she lay down on the grass and closed her eyes. She's so pretty, the way her (H/L) (H/C) hair shone in the sunlight, how her lips were slightly curved in a soft smile as she took in the warmth of the day. Beautiful really. 

"Are you just gonna sit there staring at me or are you gonna join me?" My thoughts were interrupted by her comment. Suddenly embarrassed that I had been caught, I slowly leaned back to join her. 

"Sorry."

"It's fine." 

We sat in silence enjoying each others company for about another half hour until we heard foot steps approaching us. 

"(Y/N)!" Ugh. Chuck. But he said he would find ways to help me out with (Y/N) so I guess I have to be nice. Great. 

"Hiya, Chuck." I looked to (Y/N) to see that she was still looking as peaceful as before. I guess not everyone is bothered by Chuck. 

"Hey, Gally. How have things been going for you?" Chuck asked while gesturing to (Y/N).

"Wonderful," I replied sarcastically. I showed him my hand to help cover up the fact that we were talking about (Y/N). 

"Well, dinner is almost ready so if we want any of the good stuff, we better get going."

I watched (Y/N) leave her place beside me and stand beside Chuck. "Then let's get going," she said while putting Chuck in a head lock. "I really don't want a repeat of the last time we were last. Ewww." 

"Come on, Gally."

After we had gotten our food and found a spot to sit at, I realized how excited I was. I was actually talking to (Y/N). I was sitting with (Y/N). Sure, the time was shared with Chuck, but he's trying to help me win (Y/N)'s heart, so I'm gonna let him stay.