After Dinner Talk

Gally's POV

I walked into (Y/N)'s room, watching her sleeping from the doorway for a while. I then went to sit next to her, putting my hand on hers and hoping that no one walked in on me while I talked to her. 

"Well, hey (Y/N), " I said, not expecting an answer. "You gave me quite the scare, you know? I thought you were a goner, but I guess it was a mistake to underestimate you, wasn't it? Everyone's really concerned about you. I'm really concerned about you. You haven't even shown the signs of the Changing yet, and we don't think you will, lucky girl." I caressed her hand slowly with my thumb, trying not to cry. Come on, Gally. Pull yourself together. "I must have known you before the Glade. You just seem so familiar and I can't help but feel so protective of you. Oh, and (Y/N), I just want you to know that I care about you more than anything, and I don't want Newt to take you away because I know he doesn't like you the way I do. I just want you to get through this and be just the way you were before, though I hope you understand that I will love you even if you change. I just know I will. Did you know that he had tried to kiss you? On the forehead? When you were unconscious? Chuck scared him away, but I want you to know that I just don't want him to be around you. He's become a whole lot more different ever since about a month ago after you were seen doing some chores. I just wish he hadn't seen you, because then I wouldn't have to deal with him. He's become so annoying. He was beginning to become the main source of suffering in the Glade. Newt made everything a living hell, and it's just because he knows he has competition in winning over your heart." I sighed. "I just want everything to work out in the end." I silently squeezed her hand and stood up, leaving  her to her silent room.