The Distraction

(Y/N)'s Point of View. 

"You can't take me down again, (Y/N)!" Gally danced around me in the circle, acting cocky. The bonfire cast shadows upon the ground as people gathered around us, expecting a fight better than the last time. "Unbeknownst to you, I've been observing you as you taught Zart! I know all your moves." 

Careful not to underestimate him, I got into my (southpaw/orthodox) stance. Who knows what he's learned. 

He made a lunge towards me. I guess he learned nothing. 

I sidestepped him and brought my foot down on his back. He lay sprawled on the ground, barely breathing. 

I squatted down next to him and looked him in the eyes with a smile on my face. "Don't think too highly of yourself. Good try though."

Gally pouted as he looked at me. "Why are you so amazing at this?" 

I shrugged, still smiling. "I don't know. It just comes naturally to me." 

He smiled at me with a stupid look on his face. It was adorable. I couldn't help but blush and look away. And with that I took his hand and pulled him to his feet.

Once he was on his feet, I looked up at him, realizing he had brought his face dangerously close to mine. 

"Uhmmmm, Gally? What are you doing?" I was getting weirded out. Sure I like him, but this was honestly happening so fast. He's sweet, handsome, but he's a distraction. I quickly forced my hand out of his grasp. 

"(Y/N), I'm so sorry!" He yelled as he quickly turned and sped walked to the homestead, keeping his head down. I spun around to see Lucy under a tree and quickly walked to her, hoping to forget what just happened. 

"H-hey, Luce. Are you enjoying the bonfire?"

She smiled drunkenly at me. "Wow, *hic* (Y/N)! You took him *hic* down pretty fast." Her words were slurred as she wrapped her arm around my arm. "You must be *hic* so strong!" Lucy brought her face really close to mine, her breath smelling strongly of alcohol. "You must really like *hic* that Gally boy," she slurred while pressing a finger to my chest. "Admit it, (Y/N)."

I blushed and looked away from her. "Lucy, you're drunk."

Lucy pouted at me, her eyes getting big. "No I'm not! I'm just very *hic* smart! I know *hic* love when I see *hic* it. You should tell him how you feel! That would be so *hic* romantic!" 

"Lucy."

"Yahhhhhh?" 

"I can't. I can't tell him how I feel for the sake of the other Gladers. I don't want to be distracted from the bigger problem of finding a way out of here safely. Understand?" 

There was no answer. I looked down at Lucy who was fast asleep on the ground, her drink sitting a few feet away. Poor girl. I grabbed her cup and drank the rest of the drink, and to my dismay, feeling no effect of the concoction.