The Battle of Hogwarts Gala (Part 1)

Like most normal days I would wake up dashing to the bathroom afraid to be late again. But not this day and I did a little victory dance inside my head. I can sleep in for another hour. For today is none other than the Battle of Hogwarts Gala. Every year the Ministry of Magic hosts a gala in commemoration  of the people who fought and died in the Battle of Hogwarts. It is a formal dance and us Hogwarts students will be there too together with our parents and oh did I forget to mention it was held in school? And that my dad was always the center of attention?

Talk about awkward. 

But then I know what my dad did to save us from the dark Lord and now he is seeking for revenge through his son. Why can't my life be as normal as others? Oh right, I was the daughter of the hero. But if my life was normal I would never get the chance to experience magic, and magic is one of the most beautiful and spectacular thing in a wizard's life. All these random thoughts about magic and life made me forget one teensy weensy little event today. 

It's my birthday. 

As if on cue, Roxanne's face was directly in front of me with a party hat and a whistle in her mouth.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILYKINS!" She screamed at my face.

Great.

"Shsshsh! Roxanne!" I glared at her.

"Don't be such a buzz kill Lily! Dad just dropped this off this morning for you!"

I blinked. Uncle George was here? I was really happy to know that he went here to give me a present. I remembered back then that I was really hesitant around him since I knew that my birthday was in the same day of Uncle Fred's death. But I was glad to know that he didn't despise me.  

Roxanne handed me a box with the symbol WWW on it. I opened it gingerly, waiting for it to explode. It was from my Uncle after all. But when I opened the lid I gasped when I saw what's inside. 

A dress.

I was marveling its beauty. The elegance of the dress was everything I could ever ask for. The dress was a navy blue long sleeved netted semi gown. Comes with it was a black belt and a pair of black pumps. I can't believe Uncle George gave me this. 

"He wanted you to look pretty on your birthday. I helped him pick out the dress." She smiled sheepishly. 

I tackled Roxanne with a very tight bear hug.

"THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!" 

She giggled and said,"You're welcome Lily. Now come on! Let's not get too senimental just yet. We  still have a few hours before the real crying starts.

I laughed and brushed a tear from my eye. 

Hearing a lot of greetings today molded me into a cheery person.

Note the sarcasm. 

"Happy Birthday sis! Sorry this is all I could give." Albus gave me a small smile. 

He handed me the present and I gave him a warm hug. 

"Thanks Alb! I'll open this later." I pecked his cheek.

Albus made a gagging sound which made me frown.

"Geez Lily that's disgusting." He said while laughing and I joined him in a heartbeat. 

After a little a while I was greeted by Luciana, Rose, Fred and the Scamander twins (and some other people I'm too lazy to mention). I got some letters from my family back at home too but not from one person I was expecting to be the first to make my day special.