05.

two days later...

lexi's pov

~

"okay, class is dismissed. I will be sending everyone an email of the study guide, which is due next week." professor richardson tells the class.

it's around one p.m. when my mock law class is over. I'm planning on going back to my loft to do some work for my classes then get some sleep. god, I am tired.

students start to build up chatter as they pile out the classroom. I sit all the way in the top-back section towards the left, so I have to wait for students to leave my row. the exit is in the front-right of the room.

when I'm about to exit, I hear her call me back

"lexi, can you please stay a minute?" professor richardson calls out.

I turn on my heel and walk back to his desk. we're alone in this huge room, so it's kind of weird to me. I hate being alone with other people; I just get a bad feeling about it. most of the times I've been alone with someone, it's ended up badly.

"yes, miss?" I ask. she's sitting in her desk and I'm standing right in front of her.

"lexi, you are one of my best students in this class. I am utterly stunned by all of your work you present to me. throughout all my years of teaching, I have to say you are the most dedicated student I've seen."

"thank you, ma'am." I thank her.

"of course." she pauses. "but lately, I've noticed you slipping a little. you've been missing more classes and didn't turn in a few small assignments. I mean, I know they were small, but this just isn't like you. are you doing okay, lexi?"

"yes, ma'am. I'm sorry about that, I took a week off last week because I was a little stressed, and that would explain the missing assignments."

she stares at me. "okay, lexi. I don't want you slipping up anymore, especially since graduation is coming up soon and you'll be entering law school. I know when my students--especially the best of them--start to get off track. your grades are phenomenal, but just stay on top of the game. that's all."

"okay, have a nice day." I say.

"you too." she replies.

I walk out the classroom and begin to think about what professor richardson is telling me. I do need to focus more--I've been letting the club and my tiredness affect my school work. if this continues, I might take leave off the club until school is out so I can focus.