16.

(i think y'all will hate me after this chapter. love you )

~

the next day...

lexi's pov

the sound of sizzling eggs in the pan and the smell of hot french toast next to me delights my nose. since the eggs are now done and the french toast is ready, I pour some on my plate and leave the leftovers in another plate in the microwave before carrying it to the living room.

turning on the tv, I flip to the news to see what's going on in society right now since I don't watch tv often. apparently, they're talking about U.S. politics. since i'm still technically a Canadian citizen, I won't be able to take part in the upcoming elections.

one of the candidates in particular has grabbed my attention since there's been a lot of talk about him. i've observed his actions, and I honestly think he's an unfit candidate to even be considered as a presidential candidate. his name is donald trump.

"this fucking dumbass..." I unintentionally curse while watching one of his rally speeches. the only thing keeping my anger at bay is this good ass food.

"who's a dumbass?" I hear abel's voice call out, his footsteps getting closer and closer to me.

he comes up behind the couch to where i'm sitting and kisses my cheek before saying, "good morning, baby."

"good morning." I mumble sloppily with a mouthful of eggs and he scrunched up his nose with a slight smile.

"do you possess ladylike qualities?" abel jokes.

I open my mouth and stick out my tongue so he can see all my mashed up food as a joke.

"you're very childish, y'know?" he tells me and I shrug, focusing on my food rather than him. "can I have some please?"

"sure, go make yourself some." I tell him and his face drops.

"you didn't make me any?" he asks sadly, looking a lost puppy. it looks almost adorable that he would be said over some food.

"i'm just kidding, abel, it's in the microwave." his face lights up again as he goes to the microwave.

I sigh loudly as I continue listening to the tv and just start flipping through some channels. I can hear his footsteps coming towards us before he sits on the couch next to me. 

"whatcha watching?" he asks while eating the food hungrily.

"what does it look like?" I blatantly say, flipping through the channels.

"can I have the remote?" he asks.

"sure, it's your tv." I tell him, going to the sink to wash my dish, leaving him by himself.

I don't know why, but I'm still kind of aggravated at the fact he's trying to control me and get me to basically move in with him. after how far I've came, I highly value my independence and I like being on my own. I don't want to depend on him.

at least I still have my car, I think to myself. I won't have to be here all the time.

when i'm washing the last dish, I feel one being placed besides me on the counter. slowly abel presses himself against me and wraps his arms around my waist and places his chin on my shoulder. I ignore his presence and wash that extra dish.