18.

(this is my favorite chapter i've ever written. while I wrote this i was crying lmao, don't hate me for this! dedicated to @daisydoodlepony because it's her birthday. happy birthday, love!)

~

a few days later...

lexi's pov

abel and I link arms as we walk through the double doors of his hospital room. finally. I rest my head on his shoulder while we walk, both dressed in matching outfits. well, we're only matching because I took another one his xo hoodies and sweats.

"i'm convinced that my wardrobe is slowly turning in to yours." abel jokes when I point this out.

I explain. "I told you, your clothes are comfy as hell and they smell just like you and they keep me warm."

"so you're telling me you're cold in the middle of summer in miami...how?" he grins down at me.

"you know what I mean, they keep this place like an ice block. I mean, I understand why they keep the hospital cold, but I feel like i'm gonna freeze my ass off." I deadpan.

he laughs to himself. "I swear everyone that grows up in the south can't handle the tiniest bit of cold."

I laugh in my head. southerner, he says. little do you know I grew up living through the bitter cold of toronto.

"I just haven't been exposed to it in a while."

key word, in a while.

"whatever you say, darling." he winks and I grin.

"are you sure you're okay? it doesn't hurt to breathe? you don't have any chest pain? is the light-" he cuts me off.

"lexi, i'm good. they're going to have to kill me to put me down." abel says, and I shiver a little at the though of him dying. "and that won't happen, you know that right?"

"yeah." I mumble.

"so you don't have to worry, baby. even the doctor said it was a mild surgery, it's not like I had a lung transplant or something." he downplays this, like he didn't almost die.

"abel, you don't know how scary it was one that car came crashing in to you. you didn't have to hear them say they were losing your pulse or to see you fall unconscious. I really thought you died."

"well I didn't." he smirks, trying to keep everything light-hearted.

"and i'm glad you didn't." I lean up to peck his lips. "but I know how you are. you try and downplay whenever you need something or if you're in pain so you won't make me worry. but right now, this is not one of the times to be doing that, you hear me?"

he rolls his eyes playfully. "yes, mom." he plays along before leaning down to peck my lips one again.

once we reach the parking garage area, I see that the limo is waiting for us, which abel called his driver for. we both sit down inside the comfy seats and he pulls me close by the waist and I rest my head on his shoulder. he intertwines our fingers before bringing it to his lips to kiss them tenderly.