10.

~

early in the morning...

abel's pov

"where the fuck did she go?" I anxiously ask myself.

I woke up to a cold, empty space in my bed and no lexi in my apartment. all of her items she had were gone, as well, and I'm getting worried about her.

I have too many enemies in the world for her to just up and leave my condo like this; well, I'm hoping she left on her own. the worst is running through my mind, like what if somebody kidnapped her or some shit.

stop fucking thinking like that, I mentally slap myself. she's probably fine.

I message her once again off my phone, but then I remember it goes straight to her computer. It's times like these I wish she had a phone; I'll probably buy her one for her graduation present because I want to be able to get in contact with her.

fuck it, I can't deal with this. I pick up the keys from off my dresser and quickly exit my loft and go straight to the parking garage. I know I don't have a license, but I don't give a damn right now. officers have let me off previously since I was famous, which is pretty fucked up if you actually think about it.

speeding off in my car, I head down the streets to her loft, which I was already familiar with. I get there in no time because it's the early hours of the morning. It's 2AM when I get there. parking the car in one of the free spots, I enter the building and head up to her floor.

knocking on her door, there's no reply. after a few more minutes, that's when my heart really starts to race. what if someone really fucking took her?

none of my messages had been read and she usually responds back instantly when she's on her computer, which is often. the only other place she might be is at the club, but I don't think she's supposed to work today.

let me check just to make sure, I tell myself.

my mind is running faster than this car as anxiety takes over me. what if someone kidnapped her? has her tied up and bound to a chair? at gunpoint? in the back of a trunk? or worse, what if she's dead...

as much as I try to reassure myself that this is all just one big fucking coincidence, I prepare for the worst. parking at the car, I pull the hoodie over my head to ensure no extra attention. I don't waste time trying to find her throughout this huge ass place; I just request her in one of the private booths.

I can finally relax when one of the employees tells me she'll be with me in a second.

so she left me to work at the club...how strange.

in the meantime, I start to roll up some weed to prepare for what I'll say to her. I don't even notice the door opening and closing until I hear a voice speak up.

"why are you here again?"

my head immediately jumps up when I'm greeted with an unexpected voice.

"Bella? what the fuck are you doing here?" I ask, already agitated by her presence.

"you haven't been answering any of my texts or calls, baby," she moves closer to me. "we need to talk."