twelve

"What are you drawing?" Luke asked over the soft music they were playing.

"It's a surprise.." Michael laughed, continuing to concentrate of his drawing. Luke pouted his lips, but continued to read his book.

Luke was extremely happy today. Michael was waiting at the library doors when he got there, and now they were sitting behind the desk. Both of their feet were resting on the stool between them with their knees up, so they peacefully sat there with their legs pressed together.

Michael glanced up at Luke and smiled. Luke was biting his lip in concentration as he read the book. His eyes were going back and forth over the page.

"Luke?" Michael asked, so Luke looked up.

"Yeah?" He asked softly.

"You look really beautiful." He said, and Luke blushed and smiled, looking down. Michael laughed at him before continuing what he was working on.

Luke scooted closer and tangled his legs with Michael's. He felt Michael's hand on his leg, and he had to hold back a smile.

He started to hear the sound of rain, so he stood up, walking to the front.

His face turned pale once he looked at the amount of rain that was falling. Lightning filled the sky, followed by thunder, so he quickly walked back to Michael.

"It's storming really bad." Luke whispered, so Michael closed his sketchbook and looked up.

Luke grabbed the key off of the table, and quickly made sure nobody was there before locking the doors, switching the sign to closed.

"Maybe we should head home. It's looking pretty bad out there." Michael said, but Luke shook his head.

"N-No. I can't drive in this, and please don't go. I get scared," he said shyly.

Michael smiled, and hugged Luke tightly. The blonde boy sighed in relief before melting into Michael's touch.

"This is really a bummer though. I wanted to take you on a date tonight.." Michael whispered, and Luke smiled.

"Now I really, really hate storms.." He said softly. "But follow me." Luke said and smiled.

They walked through a door, and up a flight of stairs before they made it to a little apartment like area.

"Nobody has access to this room. I come up here when I close the library for the day and I just wanna read or something." Luke said, and Michael smiled at him.

Luke walked over to the hammock he had hanging up, and jumped into it.

"Come here." Luke laughed, and Michael jumped up beside him. Luke reached over and grabbed the remote, turning on the tv.

Luke snuggled into Michael's side, and Michael wrapped his arm firmly around Luke.

Michael honestly couldn't focus on the movie that was on because he was too busy watching how Luke's eyes would light up, and dim down depending on what he just saw. It was beautiful.

"I should start charging you for staring at me." Luke said, and laughed at Michael.

"How much?" Michael asked.

"A kiss." Luke said, and looked over at him. Michael's smile broke out across his face.

He placed his hand on Luke's cheek, and pulled him closer, kissing his soft lips. Luke tasted like vanilla Chapstick, and he smelled like strawberries. He couldn't get enough of him.