sixteen

Michael walked up to Luke's apartment with flowers in his hands. He was scared that he was gonna mess up again, but he's really gonna try his best this time.

He knocked on the door, and waited for Luke patiently.

"Michael, it's 7 in the morning on a Saturday. What the hell are you doing here." Luke mumbled as he opened the door.

"How do you know it's me? You haven't even opened your eyes yet." Michael laughed at him.

"My door hasn't been knocked on in 3 years. Who else would it be?" He asked, opening his eyes.

"You're adorable." Michael whispered as Luke stepped aside to let him in.

He ruffled Luke's bed hair which caused Luke to smile.

"Good morning beautiful." Michael whispered, placing the flowers on the table. Even though Luke looked like a mess, he was still so pretty to him.

"Come back to bed with me?" Luke asked, and Michael nodded, letting Luke lead him to the room, the blanket around his body acting as a cape.

"Just lay down. I'll be out in a second." Luke whispered, walking to the bathroom to brush his teeth.

Michael took off his jacket, and laid down in Luke's full size bed. It was gonna be a little small for two people, but that means that they have to lay closer.

"Babe. Why is your bed so tiny?" Michael laughed.

"Sleeping in a small bed makes it feel less lonely." Luke said sadly, causing Michael to frown at him.

Michael looked up as Luke walked out of the bathroom, the blanket left behind, leaving him in nothing but his panties and a black shirt.

"But now I have you, so I don't have to worry about that." Luke whispered, crawling on the bed. He laid on his stomach, facing away from Michael.

The black haired boy smiled, and propped himself up on his elbow.

He ran his hand down Luke's back, resting it on the small of his back.

"You are so beautiful." Michael whispered, but Luke had already drifted back to sleep.

Michael smiled as Luke stirred around. He started getting restless, so Michael flipped him over, holding him close, calming him down.

Luke opened his eyes a little, and laid back down on Michael's shoulder. "I have nightmares sometimes. I had one last night, and you woke me up from it. I hate going to sleep because they always happen." Luke admitted.

"You were having a nightmare?" Michael asked.

"Not just recently. I was starting one." Luke whispered, trying to explain why he was moving around so much. "Whenever I have a bad dream, you'll know. I wake up like 300 times, and sometimes I'm too scared to go back to sleep." He whispered. He was a little embarrassed. He thought his bad dreams were childish, but Michael didn't. He understood.