Chapter 4

Oil Pastels

He looked at each and every photograph for more than once. Haaris wouldn't feel content even if he spent the rest of his life watching that photo album. Because it had his memories, his happy memories with his mother.

His grandmother definitely didn't know that he was again peeking through these albums else she would have taken it from him and might have hidden them away from his reach. But Haaris Yousuf was one of his names, he would find it anyway.

Haaris didn't feel his lone tear till it dropped on the cling-film cover and soon the tears of his pain were brimming in his eyes, making everything blurry. It was his hurt, the pain of his past which every time stopped him to come to this place, his grandmother's place.

Even if he busied himself in his other activities, Haaris would remember his mother seeing his grandmother's face, his Nanna.

"Haaris."

It was definitely Nanna and now he would be caught. He hurriedly put back the album and wiped his face to remove the remnants of his pain.

Haaris opened the door, not giving Nanna the time to knock and bumped into her.

"Easy boy. What were you doing here?"

"Nothing. "

Haaris tried hard to sound normal but had to clear his throat to remove the roughness from his voice. Nanna adoringly ruffled his hair.

"My liar, those tears don't vanish so easily."

She said placing a kiss on his forehead. "Come we have to plant new bushes in the garden."

***

Ghazal made a two-day report of her work. Her rehab sessions and job were going smoothly, the least she had expected. There were three batches of patients under her for the therapy sessions and she was trying hard to throw an impact on them with everything and show them how life was meant to live with hope.

Putting everything in its place, Ghazal packed her handbag and locked her cabin. Tomorrow she would have first Sunday after her job.

Oh, that feeling of rest.

A person could value it only after going through a busy life. She would definitely take Adam on an outing or she could make some of his favorite dishes. Adam must be feeling bored away from her, she could take him to his favorite ice - cream shop. Ghazal smiled on her mind which was running with a speed of light due to her lovely son, Adam.

A heavy voice spoiled her mood to a very extent. It was coming from one of the rooms of the private ward and she knew it, who was the one to break the silence of the whole place.

Haaris Yousuf.

It was the second time, Ghazal was hearing his shouts. The first time was also a coincidence like just now and she was sure Haaris was one hell of a rude person. His rants had given her the idea of his sulking, it was due to his father who had forcibly admitted him in the rehabilitation center. Ghazal now knew that Haaris Yousuf had no manners to talk to his father, no politeness or kindness in his voice. Thanks to his loud voice, Ghazal came to know that another person he was talking to was his own father.