Chapter 31

Accelerated Perspective

Ghazal watched her husband closely who was looking slightly irritated at the intruder of their moments. She gently curled her hand around his cold one and gave him a small smile to lift up his mood which felt spoilt by that single call. Their silent vicinity getting disturbed by the piercing sounds of the ringtone.

"Let it be."

Haaris shoved in the phone after switching it off and tightened his hold on her hand.

"So what was I saying? "

"I don't know."

Ghazal smilingly lowered her gaze, her fingers making random patterns on her white dress. She remembered what he was saying but it was coming in the heat of the moment and now she was feeling somewhat shy to repeat those words. A low chuckle erupted from her side and soft touch of his lips on her earlobe. Haaris was so slowly tracing his thumb on the back of her hand.

"Do you like to see stars?"

Ghazal put her head on his shoulder somewhat hesitant with her movements but her heart relaxed as she felt his cheek touching her hair, encouraging her gesture.

"I liked to see the sky but have started seeing the stars after you have come in my life."

"Really?"

Haaris just hummed and pressed his lips to her forehead. Her heart moved into serenity with her husband. When did Ghazal think she would spend her life in so much peace? Never. Being in an abusive relationship, that thought stopped crossing her mind with every passing day.

"For how many days I have to be here?"

"Why?"

"If you will be staying at Nanna's, then it makes sense I will also have to be here."

Ghazal lifted her head up to look at Haaris who was doing his best to pull out a puppy face and was kind of succeeding in it which only made her laugh with a low wince.

"Maybe one to two months."

"How about I change your decision?"

Haaris slowly pulled her wrist, coming near to her face as their noses touched and Ghazal sensed his breath mellowly melding with her cold ones. She closed her eyes anticipating his movements and it was a flicker of an eye when his lips brushed her own, his name coming out as a gasp from her. He touched their foreheads, his thumb caressing her lower lip and creating jolts of spark inside her. Ghazal's cheeks heated up with his brave gesture and she just rested her head on his shoulder to hide from her husband.

"Hey tigress, can I ask you something?"

"Yes."

"Why don't you ever kiss me on your own?"

Ghazal's eyes widened and her cheeks seemed to be burst out with the amount of heat she was feeling in them due to the blunt question of Haaris.

"Can you be blunter than this?"

Haaris didn't answer anything just bored his brown gaze on her face. She never thought he would ever notice her hesitancy or laid backness in showing her adoration towards him. But it was also the result of her dark past-Ghazal never found her courage back after getting humiliated by her ex-husband. Sometimes she felt anger or agitation on Farzan for pushing her back because she had so much love for him and he just needed to accept her which he didn't or even tried to. What was there to share with Haaris? First of all, he was too straightforward with his questions which always snatched half of her speech and secondly there was every type of veil of shyness and reluctancy between them which she didn't have the power to cut down.