Chapter 25

Profile

A round burnt mark on the right arm, slash marks as if the wrists and arms had been hit many times with something hard, scars and cuts- He knew those weren't the only which he was seeing, there were still more hidden, veiled behind her layer of clothes.

Haaris turned again heaving a long sigh, he was unable to sleep just because of those scars on her skin. As he was closing his eyes, all he was able to see was her wounded hands, her teary eyes. What he had gotten himself into?

What she has gone through?

Lying on the bed, Haaris glanced at the sky which was getting painted by dark blue shades as the morning was not far. Ghazal would be up at any minute. He felt good about his sleepless night as she got to sleep undisturbed else he was a botherer for her.

Melody of Ghazal's bangles broke the silence around him and he closed his eyes faking sleep. A serene whiff of jasmine hit his nostrils as he felt a presence near him, it was his wife without any doubt. Her warm breath was slowly clashing with his cold ones as Haaris felt her back of the hand on his forehead.

"Alhamdulillah."

Haaris heard her mumbling before she shuffled away from him in quick steps. What just happened? Tiredly he opened his eyes to find himself alone in his room with just Adam sleeping beside him. Last night he didn't talk to Ghazal, he ignored her as much as she was doing it. Didn't know why, but his mind was throbbing, he was getting irritated as he was unable to understand anything around him.

Didn't know whether he was angry on Ghazal for not sharing her past or on himself for pulling herself into his mess when she had gone through a lot, already. He never thought that her past would be painful, that thing never ever crossed his mind.

You were busy in your past.

His conscience scolded him and yes, it was true. Over the years, Haaris had drowned into so much self-pity that he couldn't feel anyone's pain. He always felt like his past was pathetic, he had gone through a lot while there was everybody else who had suffered from problems just they didn't make a big deal out of it.

He instantly got up and moved outside of the house, without bothering about Ghazal and all. His mind was a clutter of thoughts and Haaris just wanted to clear his head for the next time he would face his wife. He fished out his phone from his pocket, the cold gush of air hitting on his face as he mindlessly began to run on the pathway. The high voice of the singer piercing his ears through his earphones and nevertheless Haaris's mind was as usually occupied by his wife, Ghazal.

Haaris was still unable to point out his actions of yesternight. Yes, he was stubborn from his childhood and the sudden absence of his mother had affected his habits a lot but what he was trying to do the earlier night was still a mystery to him. He just wanted to listen to her side of the story anyhow, her tears weren't stopping him nor her silent pleas. Those scars and wounds had made him restless to no end that's why maybe he was unable to have any straight thought at that moment.

Hardly half an hour would have passed when the high pitch song got replaced by the ringtone of his mobile showing Ghazal's id. Haaris quickly cut off her call and switched off his cellphone. After wasting his time as much as he wanted as he opened the door of his house, Haaris got welcomed by his furious wife.

"Where were you?"

"Just gone outside."

Haaris answered in a cold tone moving past her, Ghazal didn't know how much he loved seeing her angry with those pink cheeks, eyes shining bright with rage and at that moment he was in no mood to have a talk with her. His mind was too tired to do anything especially to bicker with his wife who was looking equally irritated.