Chapter 37

Sarcoline

Haaris frustratedly raked a hand through his messy hair, his mind only reminding him the words and the teary, helpless face of his wife. He jerked his leg on the accelerator to move his car to a full speed as the route towards Yawar's house seemed to be too long for him to handle.

"I had to hit him with a rod for my safety. I never even talked to him on my own, I don't know why he did that. It was not my fault, trust me Haaris."

How cruel Ghazal's destiny was! It was always testing her by pushing her in front of an insane, brute man who didn't know a single word of respect towards women. Firstly it was Farzan who abused her for so long that she began to question the character of every man. Didn't it was because of Farzan, that she was pleading in front of him to trust her when he already trusted her enough. It was not necessary for her to plead, beg because Ghazal was the most pious lady Haaris had ever seen in his entire life and he would never be able to doubt her when the question was about her character.

She is an angel.

Then it was Yawar, who laid his filthy hands on her and kept a condition of marrying Ghazal just because she didn't gave lift to his forbidden desires. That pathetic excuse of a man, how dare he! Today, Haaris had decided he would not leave Yawar's house until he would be sure his whole blood had been oozed out of him due to his beating. Haaris was literally feeling his anger rising on his mere thought that he could shoot Yawar after stabbing him with a sharp knife just to make sure he would be dead, fully.

He blew a long sigh in order to calm down his anger which was growing at extreme pace as the moments were passing. Ghazal's face came in his thoughts somewhat soothing his raged senses and a moment of a few minutes ago was enough to bring a smile on his tensed features.

"That son of a bi-"

A soft kiss broke his speech in middle as Ghazal gently cupped his face stopping him from saying anything bad. Her way of halting his profanities was effective else he wouldn't have stopped.

"Language Mr. Haaris."

Ghazal's voice was still wet with tears but a tired smile was on her lips as she stared in his eyes, her thumb shyly moving on his chin. Haaris grabbed her waist in a swift motion, hugging her tightly as a silent promise that he would protect her from everything from that instant itself.

Haaris closed the door with a thud as he left his car to enter Yawar's house. From outside it seemed that there was a party going on in the house, just like he used to crave or love. But now, he was cringing on the thought of going in. His mind again reminded him Yawar's deed forcing him to bash the door with his full strength. People were dancing and swaying on that awfully loud song and didn't took notice of their intruder. It was very difficult for Haaris to find Yawar in that dimly lit room, as there were some blue and red light which were transforming people's features hauntingly.

At one corner he spotted Yawar with a girl, they were so busy in each other that they didn't saw Haaris coming near them. Looking at his face, Haaris felt his all anger erupted like a volcano and in an instant his fist got smashed with Yawar's jaw, halting everybody in silence. Yawar was now on the floor, his eyes amusedly looking at him, a string of blood coming out of the corner of his lips which were smiling at him menacingly.

"Isn't he our lover boy, guys?"

Yawar spat the blood out of his mouth, standing up holding his jaw, Haaris lunged forward and grabbed his collar in a tight grip, his fist throwing punches in Yawar's gut. " How dare you to come near my wife?"