Chapter 36

Erythraean

Azkiya? Who was she?

Ghazal dumbfoundedly stared at her husband who was becoming pale with every passing second, his hands sweaty and skin felt like it had been sucked out of the blood. What was happening to him? It was clearly not good and she couldn't see him like this. She didn't know about Azkiya but surely Haaris didn't have any good memories related to her, his pale face and badly shivering appearance were the perfect proof of it.

"Haaris, are you alright?"

She closed her hand around his sweaty ones just to make him believe that she was with him, to calm him down. Her statement seemed to break the haze around him as Haaris watched her, blinking his eyes rapidly. He pursed his lips, nodding in affirmation his eyes still stuck on the boutique in front of them.

"C'mon, let's go home."

Ghazal ushered him towards the exit but stopped as Haaris gripped her wrist to halt her ascending steps, " But what about Adam's gifts? "

"We will buy them later. Come on."

Without any further argument, Haaris obeyed her orders. She was not in favor to let him drive the car in that condition so they just took the taxi to their home. All the way, she held his hand tightly and made soothing circles on the back of his hand just like her father used to do. Whether there were millions of misunderstandings between them, they were not on proper talking terms but her heart was squeezing painfully seeing Haaris going through this. Didn't know what was going on with him? Haaris was taking long breaths, the sound of his harsh breathing filling up the whole car.

"Tige- I ca-an't brea-"

Ghazal held both of his hands and started whiffing in them when she found that it was not doing anything to him, she wrapped her arm around him carefully resting her chin on his head and patting his cheek gently. He was having his panic attack which was making him paler than before with every moment.

"It will pass away Haaris. I am with you."

"Madam, should we head to the hospital? "

Ghazal glanced at the driver then at her husband who was trying to hide himself in her embrace, his face hidden in the crook of her neck.

"No just drop us to the address and please a little fast."

Haaris was still taking ragged breaths and her heart started trembling seeing him. Every atom of her body was praying for him, for his well being. Ghazal began to wipe the sweat out of his face using her handkerchief and kissed his forehead.

" It's all going to be okay. I am with you, no need to worry."

It felt like no energy had been left in Haaris thus with the help of the watchman, she took Haaris to their room. Firstly Ghazal gave him the antidepressant and then laid him properly on the bed. The hustle of past few minutes started showing its effects on her as her knee and rib were hurting badly. Ignoring the pain, she pulled up the duvet on Haaris who was looking somewhat stable now.

"Do-n't lea-v m-e..."

Haaris held her hand tightly stopping her movements and Ghazal shushed him sitting on his side, her fingers slowly moving in his damp hair in order to soothe him.

"I won't Haaris. Just relax, I am here." Ghazal whispered sweet nothings to him, kissing his forehead now and then. Some tears gathered in her eyes looking at the broken man in front of her. How tore his being was! He was scared, fearful of the thing she couldn't quite understand but as his condition had changed drastically she knew it was something really important to him.