Loki

I sighed and hung my head, defeated. Why was he always one step ahead? Rubbing my hands together, a bit cold in the highly exposed dress, I took it upon myself to stand up and sit opposite Loki on the bed. He sat up straight, legs outstretched on the covers, back against the headboard, his hair falling over his eyes that watched my every move warily. His lips now a shadow of his previous smirk, eyebrows full of concern.

"What?" I snapped, soon realising quite unnecessarily.

"I can tell you're upset, so I'm worried- isn't that a natural reaction?"

He spoke, expression unchanged, lest for the small amount of hurt I thought I saw. Guilt suddenly gripped me, a blush creeping to my cheeks.

"No uhm.. I'm sorry." I mumbled. His eyes softened and a warm smile spread across his face.

"Please, tell me about the dream." He said with a reassuring gaze, folding his hands in his lap.

"Okay.. uhm.. it's not exactly anything special- just probably my brain taking in the events that unfolded..?" I paused, unsure of the time and date of our current placement.

"Yesterday." He nodded.

I slept on him all night? Really? Good job. Good fucking job.

"Ah, right. Well, a lot happened yesterday, and I think my mind just processed it in a pretty unexpected way."

I then proceeded to telling him about my "dream". I added every detail I remembered, blanking out on some of the words said, but giving an overall clear overview of the general story. By the end of my narration, Loki was completely silent. He had gotten pale, paler than usual, and nearing the end his stare had become increasingly detached. His aura was far less invasive, instead he took on a more reserved stance. Defensive, almost. His shoulders were tense, eyebrows raised, and his eyes seemed distant, as if he couldn't care less what would happen to me. It was frightening.

I shifted uncomfortably in my spot and crossed my legs, fumbling with my hands. A shiver ran down my spine, both from the cold and Loki, as he remained unmoving. He must have noticed my change in behaviour however, as his eyes flicked over my body, gaze softening instantly. His lip trembled as he moved his hand and placed it on my thigh, my breath hitching. I looked at him, but he didn't look back at me, he looked into me; inside my soul. My lips parted at the connection we shared, unable to say a word.

It wasn't a dream...

His fingers tightened around my leg, signalling a yes. He shifted closer to me and placed his other hand behind my neck. I froze, afraid of what he'd do next. This was not just unexpected, this was bloody insane. He'd never touched me before like this- well before. I only met him not two days ago, or at least that's what I thought till the dream..

He sighed shakily and looked down with sad eyes. He looked like a little boy like this. Strands of his raven hair falling across his face, his eyes so innocent (the size of golf balls), and

wait-

Is he-

One tear. Then another. Then another.

Tears began streaming down the God's cheeks, yet his face remained unchanged, as if someone had finally let a river flow freely. Loki looked so vulnerable, so helpless in front of me. His head had sunken lower, hair covering most of his face, body hunched over slightly.

I'm so gonna regret this..

In a spur of instinct mixed with empathy I threw my hands up to cup his face and made him look me directly in the eyes.

"Why."

His breath caught in his throat, his chest jerking for a second. The tears didn't stop, but he looked at me still. I moved my thumbs in circular motions across his cheeks, comfortingly, and to wipe his tears away. He sniffled lightly and shook his head, bottom lip still quivering.

"I remember you...", he whispered weakly, "I remember you now..."

A cold shiver ran down my spine at his words, my brain struggling to keep up with everything that had just happened.

"No one believed me, when I said I saw you..." he sniffled again.

"No one believed me when I said you were there, in front of me. I tried to tell them about you.. my ghost girl. That's what I ended up calling you, see. No one believed my story, so I called you a ghost, one only I could see..

"I went back every day to see you after that, but you never came back... Even when you promised you would..." He ended nearly inaudibly.

I frowned, "What do you mean, promised?"

He took my hand and turned my wrist upside down, exposing the inside of my arm, and on it my birthmark. I let out a little breath, his cold touch making me tremble.

"Do you see this?" He spoke pointing at the red markings on my skin.

I nodded slowly, "that's my birthmark, what about it?"

Where is he going with this?

"That's not a birthmark."

I blinked. What now.

"Do you remember the ending of your dream? The blue hand grabbing you?" He said, in a rushed manner. I nodded again, slowly understanding.

"I pulled you back, but your memory must have blocked this.

"I grabbed you so you wouldn't fall into the pond." He stated.

I shook my head, "There was no pond near my house.."

"Not in your world, in mine. I saved your life." He countered sternly.

"But, when did I-"

"After I saved you," he cut me off abruptly,

"You were so in shock at my complexion, you passed out. When you woke up we became friends, children do that quite quickly, and played together," he continued, his serious eyes locking with my, scared ones,

"Suddenly I had to leave, you didn't want me to, but you said we would meet up in that same place every day. You promised me we would see eachother someday..." He looked down, sadly.

"I never saw you again after that, but that's not why I was so sad.." he let out a trembling breath,

"You were my first, and only friend...

"You were my first love."