She

It was maybe midnight when I heard a timid knocking resound across the cold walls of Loki's chambers. Then again I had no idea how long I had been there, maybe an hour or 12, there were no direct windows so I couldn't tell the time of day, but it felt like that point in the night around midnight when a distant silence takes over and you feel an almost instinctive urge to hide. To me, it had always been the most peaceful instant. It's always been the one point at night where everything was still, like a blanket wrapping me in tranquillity in my own head. 

The knocking pulled me from my happy place and back into the grim reality. I shook my head, tears welling up in my eyes at the memory of nights in my world. I had already cried enough to form a puddle at my feet. I wiped the dried streaks from my cheeks and tucked my knees closer to my chest, my eyes fixed on the door. It opened slowly, and from behind it emerged a silhouette lit dimly from behind by the candlelight in the halls. The person seemed cautious, maybe even as frightened as I was, and cleared their throat, the sound reverberating through the desolate room. 

"Hello?", the voice called out softly. It was high and feminine, and absolutely stunning, and when the figure entered the room I could vaguely make out that it was in fact a woman. She had long legs and slender arms, and what seemed like a waterfall of hair that ran all the way down past her tailbone. I couldn't make out her face as she was doused in the darkness. 

"Are you alright? I heard weeping..", she whispered.