Dancing

(Continuing the you POV)

I was pacing outside the hall not knowing what to do with myself. The giant doors were locked, I presumed, as when I tried opening them somewhat minutes ago it didn't even budge. I put my ear to the golden framing and heard some form of music playing silently and a large crowd of voices vaguely speaking. I stood there for about half a minute until I felt someone behind me. I spun around and looked at the figure. Loki was leaning against the wall next to me, looking at my form... smirking. I blushed and recovered my composure.

"Oh, uhm hi.", I said quickly.

"So does this", he said pointing to my previous action of charmingly pressing my head against the doors,"mean we should go inside now?",

I laughed akwardly,

"Uhm heh yeah, that",

He laughed and took my arm under his. He then lightly pushed the doors with one hand, moving them with ease, winking at me.
Holy shit. How? Oh yeah right god...Wow.

The doors swung open and I was suddenly hit by lights, beautiful smell, and loud music. The ballroom was gigantic and full of people. It was filled with lights hanging from the windows, balcony, ceiling, and all other places where they could be hung. They were small and twinkling like a million stars. Further more the gods and goddesses attending were dressed in the most amazing dresses and gowns. They looked like angels and kings, it was breathtaking. Funny, I could actually recognise some of them as the mythological gods in old stories. The music was beautiful and lively, like in the medieval times.
Well it's not what I'm used to, but it's beter than any dj in town.

Some guests were dancing and others talking. Some were to the left of the dancing ground, eating at the buffet. I suddenly got hungry, realising I hadn't eaten anything for a couple hours and maybe longer, depending on how long I had been unconscious. Everyone turned to us when we entered. Many came up to Loki and shook his hand, smiling at me, asking who I was.

"Ah just someone I met a while ago", Loki tended to answer. They cheered and shouted things like, "Congratulations!", or "You must be so glad your brother is to be crowned!", or even "Where is Thor? Loki, where is your brother?", Loki just shrugged these questions off, thanking everyone and nodding with a smile. Yet only I started to notice that with each complement Thor received through Loki, the man's arm held mine tighter and his body tensed. I decided that Loki was better off not standing in the midst of the crowd.

"Loki, maybe we should head on to the balcony for a second," I whispered in his ear. He looked at me with a curiously stale face, but tightened his grip on my arm. "Excuse us", he said to the crowd with a grin,

"We'll be back before you can say 'Thor!'", he laughed. The crowd turned away from us and cheered and danced on. We moved to the balcony and everything became peaceful.  The night sky was beautiful and the wind blew coolly against my skin. Loki rested his arms on the balcony and sighed. He stayed silent for a minute and then turned to me.

"Thank you for saving my skin back there", he chuckled.

"I thought you might need a bit of.." I paused looking for the right word

"Personal space.." he smiled.

"Anyways, have you any idea why you are here? Any memories or findings?", Loki asked me with a passive smile.

I frowned and shook my head.

"Not so far. I haven't even thought of it actually, too busy marvelling (marvel - ing, get it? Marvel like the comic books & movies? Like the guys who- ah never mind I'll stop) in the fact that I am in Asgard! ", I spun around a smelled the beautiful and clear air. It was truly magical. Loki looked at me and laughed at my antics. I turned to him and smiled,