Chapter 3: Eye Contact

~Juvia's POV~

I yawn after awakening from my deep slumber. My mom & dad have already left for work I can tell, since they left me my pills with a note saying:

"Hey Honey!
Sorry we couldn't drive to school, but have a safe trip there! Don't forget to take your medicine!
~Love Mom & Dad ❤️"

Jeez you guys are so cheesy! But I love you...
I take my pills with a glass of water and I head to the bathroom, take a shower & brush my teeth. Afterwards, I dress myself in a blue hoodie shirt and jean shorts. I decided to keep my hair down. I put on some converse shoes.

I grab my bag and walk outside the house. I walk to the school, but on the way there, guess who I ran into? Gray. At the sight of him I begin to blush. Unfortunately he notices me.

"Yo hey Juvia," he says smirking his signature smirk.

"O-oh hi gray." I reply shyly.

"Here, thanks again." He says handing me the notes. I stuff them in my bag and say "Your welcome."

"You walking to school? I'll give you a lift."

"Huh? Oh uh no that's not necessary! I can get there just fine!"

"Nonsense, it's the least I can do for letting me borrow your notes."

"Oh,"

"And besides, a pretty girl like you shouldn't be walking all by yourself."
And I blush like crazy, again. He notices and smirked. I tried to hide it and he claimed on to a motorcycle.

"Y-You ride a bike?"

"Yeah, c'mon hop on, Juvia-chan."
Juvia-chan?! Oh no am I blushing even more now????
I nod and get on the bike. He places his helmet on mine and buckles it while smirking, at my red tomato face.

"Hold on to me, okay?" He asks

"Y-Yeah, s-sure."
The reason I feel awkward, is because I have to rap my arms around his waist and as a result my chest is pressed on his back. I know I'm blushing like a idiot, but I want to see his face. I have no good angle.

"Hang on, here we go." He says with a calm voice. He starts the bike and we ride off.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<

When we arrived at school, I got all kinds of terrible looks from girls. I hit of of gray's bike and thanked him. He was about to say something, but I quickly dashed away.
Riding to school with was embarrassing enough, looking at him any longer and I probably would've become way to hot.
Anyway as I made my inside, trying to avoid eye contact from everybody, a hand pulled from the side and dragged me into the bathroom. It was Erza.
"What's wrong Erza-San?" I ask as she continues to drag me. We enter the bathroom. The rest of the girls are inside checking their hair and make up.

"Juvia just arrived at school," Erza begins dropping me in front of her.

"That's nice, hi Juvia." Levy says flipping through her book. The bathrooms pretty classy by the way, it has a couch and coffee table.

"You didn't let me finish," Erza continues. "She arrived with Gray. Apparently the drove here together on his motorcycle,"
Everyone was still, levy dropped her book. Lucy, Mira, and lissanna dropped their hair brushes & make-up bags.
"EH?!" They yelled together, questioning me.

"What's the meaning of this?!" Lucy asked

"What?! Eh?!" Levy & Lisanna asked

"Are you two going out?" Mira asked with a smile.

"N-No! I-I was just walking to school and he offered me a ride. That's all." I reply feeling my cheeks burn red.

"Awww," they all exclaim.

"Juvia, I'm glad you've shown interest in Gray," Erza began

"I-I didn't say that!"

"He's a good friend of ours, but you see, all of girls are quite fond of him. So don't let them get in the way of your love." Erza concludes winking at me. I sigh and look at them.

"He's quite popular? Huh?" I ask.

"Don't worry! My Natsu is great pals with him! And I'll make sure no one gets in your way!" Lucy confirms and levy nods her head.

"Yes, but gray is also a bit of a player/Badboy." Lissanna points out.

"So if he breaks your heart, just let us know, Kay?" Mira & Erza say together and I reply with a nervous nod.

The bell rings and we go out separate ways.  I head to English class.
The teacher begins explaining a new project, we'll be presenting to the class a speech on what effects the environment. We have to choose our own partners, and the rest of class you work on it. She let us go, and I quickly scan for a partner, I don't anyone here. Suddenly by glance, I noticed Gray was here. Without hesitating I walked over to him with a smile, he noticed and lifted his head. But suddenly a group of girls surrounded him.
Ah, what was I thinking, he wouldn't want to be my partner. I sat back down and began doodling. Ah, what amu going to do? The whole room already has partners, except me.
Suddenly a hand hit my desk from behind me and a voice whispers into my ear,
"Juvia-Chan, wanna be my partner?" I know this voice, it's Gray.

"E-Eh?!" I say quickly turning around only to land in that really close portion again. I had complete eye contact with him. His eyes were so dark, they were beautiful and mystic, but there was tint of sadness in them, why?
I snapped out of my confusion and turned around again, "Ah! I'm so sorry!" I quickly apologized.
He let out a chuckle, and I saw just a tiny bit of pink on his face.

"What's there to be sorry bout?"

"I-I was too c-c-close," I reply back shyly.

"Ha, Juvia your too cute." And that makes me turn red.

"Um, so y-y-you wanna be my partner?"

"I asked you first, and yeah, I kinda do."

"Oh well then, ok I'll happily be your partner Gray-sama!" I say without thinking, and I smile as well.

"Sama?" He asks and the tiny tint of pink is back.

"U-Um, yeah sorry bout that, I'll just call you gray now,"

"Itwaszind" he mumbled,

"Huh? I couldn't understand you,"

"I said: 'It was Fine.'"

I was a red tomato. "O-Oh o-ok. G-Gray-sama."

"Hey, for a presentation you need eye contact,"

"Huh?"

"So look at me."

13 seconds. I lasted 13 seconds and dashed out of the room. The teacher yelled for me to come back, but the bell rang. It was time for lunch.